Buildings

Displaying 385 - 396 of 502

Photograph of H. H. Trenton Tires and Accessories (right) at the southwest corner of Independence Avenue and Monroe Avenue. The Monark Gasoline and Oil Company (left) is also pictured at the southeast corner of Independence and Monroe. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the northeast corner of Independence and Askew Avenue.

Photograph of the Harmony Lunch Restaurant, once located at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street. Also pictured is an advertisement for Muehlebach Pilsner Beer.

Circa 1925 photograph looking south on Winchester Avenue from just north of the intersection of Winchester and 10th Street.

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 5th Street. Pictured establishments include Merchants Bank, Fruit Supply Co., and Aleshi Brothers Produce Company.

Photograph of unidentified boys before a grocery and drugstore at the northeast corner of 23rd Street (presently Avenida Cesar E Chavez) and Summit Street. This vantage point faces east on Summit Street just north of 23rd Street.

Photograph of the Nigro Pool Hall and Red Gibson's Restaurant, once located at the southeast corner of 3rd Street and Walnut Street.

Circa 1925 photograph looking northeast on Independence Road (presently Wilson Avenue) from just west of its intesection with Wheeling Avenue. Pictured is the Burdett Manufacturing Company (left), the Congregation Tefares Israel Jewish Cemetery (left background), and the Kansas City Terminal Railway (right).

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.

Photograph looking south on the east side of Woodland Avenue towards its intersection with Independence Avenue. Brownell Cleaners is pictured to the left.

Small book containing prints of Kansas City attractions, including the outside and grand lobby of Union Station, Grand Avenue looking south from 8th Street, Petticoat Lane looking east, the lake and speedway in Penn Valley Park, Armour Boulevard, the entrance and shelter house of Swope Park, Gladstone Boulevard with view of R. A.

Postcard of the Sears, Roebuck & Company warehouse, administration, and retail buildings, built in 1925 at the southwest corner of 15th Street (now Truman Road) and Cleveland Avenue. Also pictured are company buildings in Dallas, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Seattle.

Postcard of the National Cloak & Suit Company, built in 1919 at the southeast corner of Hardesty Avenue and Independence Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY