Buildings

Displaying 421 - 432 of 502

Photograph of "Hell’s Half Acre", an area in the late 1800's and early 1900's consisting of the north side of the West Bottoms between the bluffs and the state line. This vantage point faces northwest from the bluffs near 7th Street and shows 8th Street between Mill Street (now Madison Avenue) and Sante Fe Street.

Photograph with exterior view of the parochial school for the First Presbyterian Church of Independence, Missouri, located at the northwest corner of Lexington Avenue and Pleasant Street. This vantage point faces south from Maple Avenue just west of Pleasant Street.

Photograph of the Jackson County Juvenile Court Building, also known as Jackson County Parental School. This vantage point faces east-southeast from the southwest corner of Locust Street and 13th Street.

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the Muehlebach Hotel; located on the southwest corner of 12th Street and Baltimore Avenue.

Photograph of Westport Avenue (now Westport Road), looking east-northeast from the northwest corner of Westport Avenue and Broadway Boulevard.

Photograph of the exterior of the Kansas City Kansan newspaper building, located at the northeast corner of 8th Street and Armstrong Avenue in downtown Kansas City, Kansas, sometime in the 1930s. The newspaper moved into this new facility in 1927.

Photograph of an exterior view, including pipe, casing, valves and fittings, of the Sonken-Galamba Corporation at the southeast corner of N. 2nd St. and Lyon Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas in the late 1930s. Sonken-Galamba dealt primarily in metal salvage and smelting.

Photograph with full frontal and side view of the Security National Bank Building at the northwest corner of 10th Street and Baltimore Avenue. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of 10th and Baltimore and shows Shubert Theatre on the left.

Photograph with partial frontal view of the New York Life Building at the intersection of 9th Street and Baltimore Avenue. This vantage point faces north on Baltimore Avenue between 9th and 10th Street.

Exterior photograph of Southern Kansas Stage Lines freight terminal and garage in Kansas City, Missouri, with unidentified employees.

Clipping from the Kansas City Times on October 20, 1966 describing the violence that erupted during the Municipal Election on March 27, 1934. The included photographs show damage done that day in 1934 to an automobile and building owned by the Citizens Fusion party, an anti-Pendergast organization in Kansas City.

Exterior photograph of the Major Clinic at 31st and Euclid as seen from Euclid Avenue looking west. The clinic was owned and operated by Dr. Hermon S. Major and was a private facility devoted to the treatment of alcoholism.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY