Photograph of the Flatiron Building at 8024 Santa Fe Drive in Overland Park. The one-story building served as a commercial space, and in the late 1920s, became the home of the Overland Park Herald newspaper. A two-story house in the background of the image was occupied by Hoge Funeral Home at the time of the photograph. The Flatiron Building was later demolished for the construction of a new funeral home building.
Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920.
Photograph of the Conser Building, on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster in downtown Overland Park, circa 1920. The two-story brick building was built by Grant Conser in 1911 and housed a general store on its lower level and a meeting hall on the upper floor.
Photograph of Walnut Grove, a grassy area surrounded by trees, in downtown Overland Park circa 1920. Looking north along Santa Fe Drive from near 80th Street, the Strang Line car barn can be seen in the background at left, and rRailroad tracks run along the right side of the image.
Photograph of a Strang Land Company building at 80th and Santa Fe Road in the early 1900s. A man stands at the front of the building. The Strang Land Company was formed by William Strang to subdivide and sell land near his interurban railway line in Johnson County, Kansas. The building was later destroyed by fire.
Photograph of the Emery, Bird, Thayer building, once located on the north side of 11th Street between Walnut Street and Grand Avenue (Grand Boulevard). This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of 11th and Grand.