Construction of St. John Bosco Center

Description: 

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Object Type: 
Date: 
1940
Modern Location: 
526 Campbell Street
Kansas City, MO
Neighborhood: 
Historical Neighborhood: 
Historical Street Name: 
Point of view: 
39.10886, -94.57362
Rights Statement: 
Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of this image or the accompanying data requires prior written permission from the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City–St. Joseph. Use of this image also requires that credit be given to the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City–St. Joseph.
Call or Box Number, Collection Title: 
Photograph Collection, Holy Rosary Parish
Digital Object Identifier: 
CA-PH-HOLYROSARY-0005
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.