Photograph of the Kansas School for the Deaf 1918-1919 basketball team. Ten young men standing in a line, facing to the left, wearing tall socks, shorts, and sleeveless shirts. A basketball is on the ground in front of the players.
Photograph of attendees at the National Fraternal Society of the Deaf auxiliary anniversary banquet on November 12, 1938. The banquet was held at the Ambassador Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri, and attendees are photographed sitting at tables or standing around the perimeter of a hotel ballroom.
Photograph of the Local Committee on Arrangements for the 1935 National Fraternal Society for the Deaf convention in Kansas City, Missouri. The organization, founded in 1901, served to provide insurance benefits, advocacy, and social opportunities for deaf members.
Photograph of the Kansas School for the Deaf 1919 football team. Seventeen young men pose in three rows wearing football uniforms that include padded jerseys with striped sleeves. Their coach wears a suit and cap in the middle of the back row.
Photograph of Kansas School for the Deaf students sitting in the school's auditorium/chapel in the early 1900s. Female students are seated on the left side of the aisle and male students on the right. The school was established in Olathe in 1866 and provides education, vocational training, and athletics for deaf students in Kansas.
Group photograph of a gathering of Kansas School for the Deaf students and others, likely members of the South Kansas City Business Club, in 1938. Gathered in a room with Asian décor, male students wear neckties and girls wear dresses. Writing on the photograph reads "Greetings & thanks to these boys & girls of the K.S.S. for T. D.
Portrait of Corinthian Clay Nutter circa 1940. Born in Texas, Nutter moved to Kansas City at age 16 and worked as a pianist and organist.
Photograph of the Roesland School student orchestra on the school stage circa 1935. Approximately 30 students sit in folding chairs arranged in a semi-circle, holding their instruments. Their teacher, and several other students, stand at rear.
Photograph of buildings on the south side of Johnson Drive between Nieman Road and Barton Drive circa 1915. The Shawnee State Bank building, at the corner of Johnson and Nieman, stands at the left side of the image and is partly covered in ivy. Immediately to its west stands a vacant lot, then four more stone one- and two-story buildings.
Photograph of Dorothy J. Hamler posing next to a desk in the Johnson County Courthouse circa 1937. Hamler wers a dark dress with light details, and the desk contains a typewriter, papers, and other materials. Hamler worked as a stenographer.
Photograph of the Johnson County Courthouse in Olathe circa 1939. Taken from the street, looking northwest, the lawn surrounding the building is covered in snow. The two-story brick courthouse with central belltower was designed by architect George Washburn in 1891, and was demolished in 1952.
Photograph of a crowd gathered around seized gambling equipment at the Johnson County Courthouse square circa 1938. Numerous slot machines and other gaming machines are visible in the pile, and the crowd includes law enforcement officers.