Buildings

Displaying 37 - 48 of 502

Photograph of a one-story brick building and adjacent wood building in Aviation Park. The wood structure has "AVIATION PARK" painted across its front, and railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image.

Photograph of a large pavilion building standing in Overland Park, Kansas's Aviation Park.

Photograph of the Flatiron Building at 8024 Santa Fe Drive in Overland Park. The one-story building served as a commercial space, and in the late 1920s, became the home of the Overland Park Herald newspaper. A two-story house in the background of the image was occupied by Hoge Funeral Home at the time of the photograph.

Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920. 

Photograph of the Conser Building, on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster in downtown Overland Park, circa 1920. The two-story brick building was built by Grant Conser in 1911 and housed a general store on its lower level and a meeting hall on the upper floor.

Photograph of the Strang Line Car Barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. The exterior stone walls remain while the interior and roof were destroyed. Railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image, a trolley car stands near the building, and the ground is dusted in snow.

Photograph of the Strang Line Car Barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. The exterior stone walls remain while the interior and roof were destroyed. Railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image, a trolley car stands near the building, and the ground is dusted in snow.

Photograph of Walnut Grove, a grassy area surrounded by trees, in downtown Overland Park circa 1920. Looking north along Santa Fe Drive from near 80th Street, the Strang Line car barn can be seen in the background at left, and rRailroad tracks run along the right side of the image.

Photograph of a Strang Land Company building at 80th and Santa Fe Road in the early 1900s. A man stands at the front of the building. The Strang Land Company was formed by William Strang to subdivide and sell land near his interurban railway line in Johnson County, Kansas. The building was later destroyed by fire.

Photograph of the Strang Line car barn after it was destroyed by fire in 1925. Two men are seen walking through the rubble, and a trolley car is visible in the background of the image between stone columns. 

Photograph of a trolley car traveling along the Strang Line interurban railway tracks in the early 1900s. A stone car barn and engine room are visible in the background. 

Photograph of the Euclid Apartment Hotel, once located at the northwest corner of Euclid Avenue and 31st Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY