Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 21 known as the Dodson plant; located at 85th and Olive streets and built in 1927. This vantage point faces northwest from the south side of 85th Street between Olive Street and Wabash Avenue.
Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of Western Ice Service Company, Plant No. 123; located at 12th and Iron streets in North Kansas City, Missouri. Built in 1921, purchased in 1927. This vantage point faces southwest from the east side of Iron Avenue between 12th Avenue and 13th Avenue.
Circa 1930 photograph with full frontal and side view of Western Ice Service Company, Plant No. 125; built in 1911 and located at the western corner of 42nd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the east side of Pennsylvania Avenue between Archibald Avenue and 42nd Street.
Circa 1932 photograph with full side view of City Ice House Company Oil and Ice Station A-1; located in Overland Park, Kansas. This station also sold Red Crown gasoline.
Circa 1932 photograph showing a fleet of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery trucks parked at Plant No. 1; located at 21st and Campbell streets. Identifying information says: "Walker Electrics. The Company owns Walker trucks in 12, 20 and 36-cake sizes. These are used on routes."
Circa 1932 photograph with side view of a City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery truck described as "six-wheel, 63-cake Diamond T., used as transfer truck." The truck is parked outside of the Locust Street entrance of General Hospital with two unidentified people. This vantage point faces east from the west side of Locust Street between 23rd Street and 24th Street.
Circa 1932 photograph with side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City delivery truck. Described as "Chevrolet truck with insulated body used for delivery of ice cubes. The Company operates two of these trucks during the summer months." This vantage point faces north from 22nd Street between McGee Street and Oak Street and shows the downtown Kansas City, Missouri skyline in the background.
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 1; located at northeast corner of 21st Street and Campbell Street. The building was erected in 1908 as a steam plant and was remodeled in 1927. This vantage point faces northeast from the southeast corner of 21st and Campbell with coal delivery trucks outside Garage No. One. The trucks are identified as part of the Fuel Service Deptartment.
Circa 1925 photograph of the Mount Washington Methodist Episcopal Church, South located at the northwest corner of Arlington Avenue and Independence Avenue in present-day Independence, Missouri.
Photograph of the unidentified participants at the South Central Business Association Inaugural Dinner Dance and 17th Annual Frolic at the Hotel Bellerive. Garrett L. Smalley is listed as the ex-president of the organization and Herbert T. Hilscher as the president.
Group portrait of Harry Truman, Senator Thomas P. Gore, and others at a dinner held by the South Central Business Association at the LaSalle Hotel in Gore's honor. Men identified on photo as standing left to right: Dr. C. Charles Gray, Ira S. Burns, James P. Aylward, Judge Truman, Judge Thomas B. Bash and Judge Robert W. Barr. Front row, seated: James M. Pendergast, Gore, Garrett L. Smalley (toastmaster), Charles M. Howell, James R. Page and Father J. W. Keyes.
Photograph of Kansas City officials posed next to a sightseeing bus in front of the Isis Theater and Wirthman Building after attending a luncheon celebrating the widening of Linwood Boulevard.
Photograph of the 11th Annual Baseball Day Luncheon given by the South Central Business Association for the Kansas City Blues at the Lucerne Hotel.
Photograph of Frankie Frisch, Dizzy Dean, and Daffy Dean with unidentified men and women at podium during South Central Business Association luncheon in the ballplayers' honor at the LaSalle Hotel.
Identification on photograph reads "The Board of Governors of the South Central Business Association were entertained at the new home of Mrs. Russell Stover, 803 West 54th Terrace, May 9, 1935. Standing left to right: Irl T. Oliver, Jack Rieger, Joseph C. Wirthman, George H. Charno, Dr. Thomas A. Kyner, Edwin J. Barnes and Dr. Roy W. Parmenter. Seated, left to right: Webster Withers, Harry T. Redd, Herbert T. Hilscher, A. O. Sackin, Mrs. Stover and her charming daughter, N. Emerson Paton, Frank A. E. Swyden, Garrett L. Smalley and Russell R. Jay.
Photograph with full frontal and side view of the A&P Grocery Store at the southwest corner of Linwood Boulevard and Forest Avenue.
Photograph with interior view of the A&P Grocery Store at its store opening at the southwest corner of Linwood Boulevard and Forest Avenue.
Group portrait of N. Emerson Paton (left), Morris Shankman (holding shovel) and other unidentified South Central Business Association officials at the groundbreaking for the Shankman Building, located at 3119 Troost. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the building at 3109 Troost in the background.
Photograph of participants including the Board of Governors of the South Central Business Association at the groundbreaking ceremonies for the Shankman Building, located at 3119 Troost.
Photograph looking west from the southeast corner of Linwood and Troost, at night with long exposure. Shows the LaSalle Hotel (right) and the Bodine Drugstore (left).