Communities and Neighborhoods

Image Gallery

Photograph of South Side Baptist Church, once located at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Montgall Avenue.

Photograph of the doctors of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and M

Photograph with side and front view of the Livestock Exchange Building, located just west of the intersection of 16th Street and Genessee Street.

Photograph of an automobile parked outside of the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue.

Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of Reid-Ward Motor Company, once located at the southwest corner of McGee Trafficway and 25th Stre

Circa 1925 photograph looking south on Winchester Avenue from just north of the intersection of Winchester and 10th Street.

Photograph of two boys preparing paint outside of Shawnee Mission Rural High School in 1940 or 1941.

Undated photograph of an unidentified man standing with a bicycle.

Exterior view of back entrance to Pla-Mor Ballroom, once located at 3142 Main Street, no date. Source: Art McClure/Jennie Bell Peters.

Photograph of the two-story Merriam School building, located at Johnson Drive and King Avenue in Shawnee, Kansas, circa 1920.

Photograph looking south along Broadway Boulevard from just north of 17th Street.

Photograph of the Ivanhoe Park Congregational Church at the southwest corner of Michigan Avenue and 39th Street.

Photograph of Saint Joseph's Orphan Girls Home, once located at the northwest corner of Karnes Boulevard (now 31st Street) and Pennsylvania Av

Photograph with a distant exterior view of the Morse Public School, showing students outside with playground equipment and playing a game of baseba

Illustrated photograph from a pamphlet advertising real estate in the Hocker Grove subdivision of Merriam, Kansas, circa 1915.

Circa 1935 photograph of the Medical Arts Building at the northwest corner of 34th Street and Broadway Boulevard.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY