Communities and Neighborhoods

Image Gallery

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School (right) and Lincoln High School (left).

Photograph of Johnson Drive, looking west from Nieman Road, in downtown Shawnee circa the 1910s.

1920's photograph of the streetcar house and yards at the northeast corner of Minnesota Avenue and North 10th Street in Kansas City, Kansas.

Photograph of the Church of God (Holiness) at the northwest corner of Askew Avenue and Victor Street (now 29th Street).

Photograph of a Hippopotamus named Cleopatra begging for hay at the Swope Park Zoo.

Portrait of Frank Moore, Johnson County sheriff from 1935 to 1937. 

Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view, looking east, of Fairfax Industrial and Municipal airports.

Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view looking east and showing a largely residential section of northeast Kansas City, Kansas; Fairfax; Missour

Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company.

Photograph of Lawrence Zillhart, Future Farmers of America participant, holding a bulletin board outside Shawnee Mission Rural High School in 1940

Photograph of the interior of the Chocolate Shop in Kansas City Kansas, owned by Michael (Economou) Economy, including several unidentified workers

Photograph with frontal and side view of the R. A. Long Building, located on the northwest corner of 10th Street and Grand Avenue.

Photograph of the Hotel Olathe at 100 West Santa Fe Street in Olathe, Kansas, in the 1940s.

This photograph was taken looking north towards Southwest Boulevard on Broadway just south of 21st Street

Photograph of the boys of Boys Hotel attending a party at the Liberty Theater.

Photograph of the Sumner School, once located on west side of Wyoming Street between 9th Street and St. Louis Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY