Communities and Neighborhoods

Image Gallery

Photograph of two men eating a meal at the Helping Hand Institute.

Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri, dedicated in 1914.

Photograph of an unidentified Overland Park Movie Company cameraman with camera in Aviation Park.

Photograph with view of Quindaro ruins, Kansas City, Kansas, showing portions of remaining stone wall.

Photograph of the Swope School, once located at the northeast corner of Cleveland Avenue and 55th Street. It was named after Thomas H. Swope.

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

An autochrome photograph of Allen Logan's rose fence, taken from the west looking east.

A color glass plate positive photograph of four men playing golf at the second hole of the Swope Memorial Golf Course.

Circa 1928 drawing with full frontal and side view of the Southwestern Milling Company located near the intersection of South 18th Street and Kansa

Circa 1940 photograph with a rooftop view of the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Main Street in the City Market.

Circa 1928 photograph with full frontal and side view of the Southwest Motor Car Company, located at the southeast corner 26th Street, Walnut Stree

Circa 1940 photograph of buyers and sellers at the outdoor stalls of the Farmers' Market in the City Market.

Portrait photograph of Herman Langworthy circa 1932.

Photograph with slide description, "Boy receiving heat treatment Children's Mercy Hospital, K.C., Mo."

Undated photograph of man with two boys, posing near railroad tracks in an area where many Mexican railroad workers lived in Kansas City, Kansas.

Photograph of the entrance to Jacob L. Loose Memorial Park, Kansas City, Missouri.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.