Streets

Displaying 73 - 84 of 706
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior street level view of Sanford B. Ladd School located on the north side of 37th Street, between Bellefontaine Avenue to Walrond Avenue (Benton Boulevard). It was named after the attorney for the school board for more than 40 years. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of Benton and 37th. This photograph was taken prior to 1922 when the school's additions were constructed.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior view of Longan School located at the northeast corner of 39th Street and Warwick Boulevard. It was named in 1911 in honor of George B. Longan, Assistant Superintendent of Schools. Before 1911, the school was named the Ward Public School. In 1932, the school at 601 Gillham Road became the George B. Longan School. This vantage point faces east-northeast from the northwest corner of Warwick and 39th.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Sanford B. Ladd School students attending to the school garden. This vantage point faces northwest from atop the southwest corner of the original Ladd School building (before the 1922 addition). The houses at 3624, 3626, and 3630 Bellefontaine Avenue are pictured to the left.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior street level view of Linwood School, once located on the north side of Linwood Boulevard between Highland Avenue and Woodland Avenue. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of Linwood and Woodland.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior street level view of Lowell Public School located at the southeast corner of 27th Street and Madison Avenue. The school was named after James Russell Lowell. This vantage point faces east-southeast from near the southwest corner of 27th and Madison.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Scarritt School on the west side of Askew Avenue between Anderson Avenue and Lexington Avenue. It was named for Reverend Nathan Scarritt, a local early minister and resident. This vantage point faces northwest from the southeast corner of Lexington and Askew.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of Northeast High School at the southeast corner of Smart Avenue and Van Brunt Boulevard.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Sumner School, once located on west side of Wyoming Street between 9th Street and St. Louis Avenue. It was named for Charles Sumner, American statesman and advocate of rights of African Americans. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Wyoming Street just north of St. Louis Avenue.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the original Wendell Phillips School, once located at the southeast corner of Vine Street and 24th Street Terrace.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior, full street level view of Martin School. The school was named after school board member Judge Edward L. Martin. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the east side of Garland Avenue just north of Rochester Avenue. This photograph was taken prior to 1927 when the school's auditorium was built.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Kansas City School District Repair Department at 1520 Campbell Street. As of 2017, the building still stands with an addition to its frontage. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Campbell Street just north of 16th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior, street level view of Springfield Opportunity School, located at the southeast corner of 28th Street of Troost Avenue in the former home of Judge Shannon Douglas. This vantage point faces east on the west side of Troost Avenue just south of 28th Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY