Photograph of John's Candy Store in the 1920s, including owner Elias (Louis) Kartsonis on the far left with six unidentified employees. The shop window advertises "Pure Home Made Candies" and other items.
Early picture of the 51st Street shopping center, the first business development built by J. C. Nichols Company. At time of photograph, the Country Club Grocery Co. Meat Market took up residence in this building. Located on the northeast corner of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street, this building was better known by 1925 as part of the Colonial Shops.
This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard). Chandler's Nursery in the foreground with Sinclair Filling Station across the street to the North; the White Rose Filling Station to the west; Brush Creek to the south; the Standard Oil Filling Station at the corner of Wornall Road and Mill Creek Parkway.
This photograph of the Triangle Building was taken looking north on 47th Street between Wyandotte and Central Streets. The second unit had just been completed with the Wymore Hardware Company as the first tenant in the west end of the building.
Small group of children standing near an Easter bunny statue at Crestwood Shops in 1923. This vantage point faces south-southwest on 55th Street towards a coffee shop at 311 East 55th Street in the background.