Lou Holland standing by a seated Ike Morrell at Kansas City's air mail dedication at Richards Field, May 1926. 94-year-old Morrell was a guest of honor, the oldest postmaster in the state, from Notch, MO. Richard's Field was located at the southeast corner of Gregory Boulevard and Blue Ridge Boulevard in Raytown, Missouri.
Circa 1938 photograph of the Black Elks parade crowd on south side of 18th Street, between The Paseo and Vine Street, Kansas City, MO. Source: Black Economic Union.
Circa 1938 photograph of a men marching west in the Black Elks parade at 18th Street and The Paseo. The Street Hotel, Country Club Beer, Elnora's Cafe, and Crown Drug Co. are pictured in background. Source: Black Economic Union.
The Official Program of the First International 300-Mile Speed Classic: Grand Opening of the Kansas City Speedway on September 17, 1922, a dedication by the American Legion of Missouri and Kansas. The program includes local advertisements, a schedule of events, articles on racetrack facilities, and bios of the racers.
A panorama of the Kansas City Speedway, a wooden racetrack in operation from 1922-1924 near the present-day Bannister Federal Complex at Bannister Road and Troost Avenue. The entrance to the speedway was located at 91st Street and Holmes Road. The speedway cost $500,000 in 1922 and could host 60,000 people.
Wide shot of Kansas City Massacre aftermath. This event, also known as the Union Station Massacre, saw the deaths of Frank Nash, an Oklahoma train and bank robber; William J. Grooms, a Kansas City police officer; Frank E. Hermanson, another Kansas City police officer; Raymond J.
Dedication of the Liberty Memorial, a monument to those who served in World War I. From: Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
Photograph of the Wheatley-Provident Hospital Dedication on Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street at 2:30 pm on September 29, 1918. This vantage point faces northwest on Forest Avenue from just 19th Street. Downtown Kansas City, Missouri is pictured in the far background.
Photograph of the Wheatley-Provident Hospital Dedication on Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street at 2:30 pm on September 29, 1918. This vantage point faces east towards the platform on the western side of Forest Avenue. The hospital is pictured on the left.