Group photograph of the students and teachers at Wilder School circa 1918. The town of Wilder in northwest Johnson County, Kansas, was a diverse community of agricultural and railroad workers, including many Mexican immigrants.
Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920.
Photograph of Shawnee Mission Rural High School, looking southwest from Johnson Drive, in the early 1920s. The two-story brick building with arched entryway opened in 1922, was renamed Shawnee Mission High School in 1945, and became Shawnee Mission North High School in 1958.
Photograph with an exterior, street view of Lykins School, once located on the north side of 7th Street between Norton Avenue and Jackson Avenue. The school was named after Dr. Johnston Lykins, an early physician and second mayor of Kansas City.
Photograph of the Troost Avenue School, once located at the northwest corner of 60th Street and Troost Avenue. It was named after Dr. Benoist Troost, an early Kansas City physician. This building was no longer used as the Troost School after the 1922-1923 school year.
Photograph with an exterior view of Longan School located at the northeast corner of 39th Street and Warwick Boulevard. It was named in 1911 in honor of George B. Longan, Assistant Superintendent of Schools. Before 1911, the school was named the Ward Public School. In 1932, the school at 601 Gillham Road became the George B. Longan School. This vantage point faces east-northeast from the northwest corner of Warwick and 39th.