Photograph of the two-story Merriam School building, located at Johnson Drive and King Avenue in Shawnee, Kansas, circa 1920. The pictured building was the second to house Merriam School, and was demolished in 1922.
Photograph of Central School in Olathe, Kansas circa 1920. The two-story brick building with bell tower opened in 1882, and was later replaced with new elementary school buildings on the same site on the southeast corner of Cedar and Water Streets.
Photograph of students and a teacher standing outside of Overland Park Grade School, circa 1920. Twenty-six young children are pictured in two rows, with their female teacher standing behind. A sign over an adjacent door reads "Standard School."
Group photograph of the students and teachers at Wilder School circa 1918. The town of Wilder in northwest Johnson County, Kansas, was a diverse community of agricultural and railroad workers, including many Mexican immigrants.
Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920.
Photograph of Shawnee Mission Rural High School, looking southwest from Johnson Drive, in the early 1920s. The two-story brick building with arched entryway opened in 1922, was renamed Shawnee Mission High School in 1945, and became Shawnee Mission North High School in 1958.
Photograph with full, exterior street level view of "Madison School for the Deaf & Dumb", once located at the northeast corner of 29th Street and Wyandotte Street. It was named after U.S. President James Madison. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the south side of 29th Street between Wyandotte Street and Baltimore Avenue (this portion of 29th is defunct).
Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northeast from the south side of 47th just east of Holly.
Photograph of the Mark Twain Public School, once located on the north side of 60th Street between Swope Parkway and Jackson Avenue. This vantage point faces northeast from the property at 3825 East 60th Street.