Photograph of Dr. Mary Myrtle Ozias Hill circa 1925. Hill practiced medicine in Kansas City, and was daughter of Dr. Charles O. Ozias, sister of Dr. Charles R. Ozias, and wife of Dr. Howard Hill. She passed away on December 19, 1947, at St. Joseph Hospital, where both Drs. Hill had practiced, at the age of 61.
Photograph with an interior view of a clinic at the Mexican Christian Mission showing a doctor and two nurses treating a Hispanic woman.
Photograph of Dr. D. M. Nigro standing by a wall of photographs. Autographed as: "To my good friend N. Emerson Paton the best secy & manager in the country. With best wishes, Doc Nigro, 1938".
Photograph of Dr. Kepner, obstetrician, seated on the steps at the entrance to The Willows Maternity Hospital.
Candid photograph of unidentified nurses seated with Dr. John W. Kepner, obstetrician, at The Willows Maternity Hospital.
Photograph of twelve men with medical paraphernalia labeled "Internes" at Kansas City's African-American General Hospital No. 2.
A 1920 photograph of Milton C. Lewis.
A 1920 photograph of Milton C. Lewis as an intern.
A 1939 photograph of Milton C. Lewis in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Generalite, 1940 is a yearbook for the General Hospital Number Two, Class of 1940. Included are portraits of Dr. Edwin Henry Schorer, director of Health for Kansas City, Missouri; Dr. Percy C. Turner, Superintendent for General Hospital No. 2; Lorenda S. Harris, R. N., Superintendent of Nurses; and Miss Bernice F. Brown, R.
Portrait photograph of Dr. Solomon H. Thompson, who began a “Black Hospital Movement” in the Kansas City area that began to address the health concerns of non-white communities. Along with Kansas City, Missouri, physician Thomas C. Unthank, Dr. Thompson founded Douglass Hospital and Training School for Nurses in Kansas City, Kansas.
Photograph of the doctors of General Hospital #2, a hospital for African-Americans once located just north of the intersection of 22nd Street and McCoy Avenue (now Kenwood Avenue). This vantage point faces west towards the southeastern entrance to the hospital.