Circa 1930's photograph of the Electric Theater, 546 Minnesota Avenue, in Kansas City, Kansas. It was opened in 1922, closed in 1969, and demolished in 1976. This vantage point faces northwest toward's the theatre's entrance.
1930's photograph showing the Granada Theater, built by Ben Gorman, 1015 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kansas. This vantage point faces south-southeast from the north side of Minnesota Avenue between North 10th Street and North 11th Street.
1927 photograph of the Lincoln Theatre exterior, with staff posed in front. Advertisements for "The Strange Case of Captain Ramper" are displayed on the front of the theatre. The Lincoln Theatre was once located at the northwest corner of 18th Street and Lydia Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. Source: Lawrence Denton.
Composite of staff (heads only) of Lincoln Theatre, with building in background, 1926. The Lincoln Theatre was once located at the northwest corner of 18th Street and Lydia Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri. Source: Lawrence Denton.
This photograph was taken looking east at the southwest corner of 12th Street and The Paseo in Kansas City, Missouri. Castle Theater, O.K. Bargain Store, 12th Street Market, Crown Drugs, and Paseo Fashion Shop are pictured from left to right. Advertisements for Coca-Cola are found outside the Crown Drugstore.
A Christmas tree, adorned with lights, in the triangular park in front of the Country Club Plaza Theater with Walt Disney's "Fun and Fancy Free" on the theater marquee. This picture of was taken looking west-southwest on the south side of 47th Street just east of Wyandotte Street.
Interior view of Country Club Plaza Theater, showing its staircase, barrel-vaulted ceiling foyer, the Mudejar lighting fixtures in the ceiling, and paired side brackets on the walls, all made in Seville, Spain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
Antique well-head originally from Barcelona, standing in the lounge. It concealed a drinking fountain. The theater is bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and Central Street.
Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.
Wider exterior view of Country Club Plaza, at night and during Christmas time, buildings covered in lights with snow on the ground. This picture was taken looking west from atop Chandler's Flower Shop, just east of the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and 47th Street.