Photograph of the Herman and Ella Voigts house at 2405 West 103rd Street in Leawood. The Prairie-style stone house was built in 1923 by Frank Bayrel for Herman J. Voigts and his family for $23,000. The house stood on a 218-acre cattle and dairy farm. Voigts was also president of the First National Bank of Olathe and vice president of the City National Bank and Patron's Bank of Olathe. The all but 10 acres of the surrounding farm property was sold off for suburban residential development by 1959. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
Photograph of the Hoge Funeral Home building at 8024 Santa Fe Drive, in the 1930s. Originally built as a home for the Charles Pincomb family, the building became the site of Hoge Funeral Home in 1932. The business operated in this location until 1965 when the house was razed and a new funeral home building constructed to the south. The two story building is pictured with stucco siding and a Spanish tile roof, and the fender of a car is visible parked on Santa Fe Drive.
Photograph of George W. Jensen's house and dairy farm in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1940. The Tudor-style house, located at 2821 West 75th Street, is pictured with a barn and other outbuildings, along with a parked truck, located to the west. A dusting of snow covers the lawn and bushes, and trees are bare of leaves. Most of the Jensen property was later sold off to the J.C. Nichols Company for residential development.
Photograph of a row of houses, one a furnished exhibition house, situated along 69th Street in Prairie Village, Kansas, in September 1941. Cars are parked on the street and visitors to the exhibition house can be seen gathered near the front door and driveway. The exhibition house was built and furnished by J. C. Nichols Companies to showcase similar houses built in the surrounding neighborhood, and was featured in the February 1952 issue of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. Listed at the time as 2609 West 69th Street, the address later was changed to 4117 West 69th Street.
Aerial view of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis G. Wilson at 67th and Glenwood Streets in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1935. The Wilson residence, at the center of the image, and a neighboring Tudor-style house to the west face 67th Street, which runs across the lower right of the image. Glenwood Street runs north and south through the lower left of the image. Several other houses, barns, and outbuildings surround the Wilson residence, along with large yards and farmland.
Photograph of the swimming pool at the rear of the Kittle family home at in Westwood Hills, Kansas, in 1935. A woman and two girls in bathing suits and caps are pictured in the pool, with another girl sitting on the edge. A stone wall separates the pool from the Tudor-style house.
Photograph of the Kittle family's home at 8039 West 80th in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1916. The two-story wood house was occupied by the family of O. H. Kittle, dry goods company operator, and a car is visible in the driveway at the right side of the image.
Photograph of the home of Clara and Alfonso Stough, near 80th and Marty in Overland Park, circa 1940. The two-story home includes a stone porch, cedar shakes, and a porch swing. A swinging gate leads to the sidewalk.
Photograph of the home of Clara and Alfonso Stough, looking east from Overland Park Drive to its location near 80th and Marty in Overland Park, circa 1940. The two story house is surrounded by trees and a grass prairie stands to its east.
Photograph of a dairy barn and house on the Porter Dairy Farm near Tomahawk and Mission Roads in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1915. A tilled field surrounded by wire fence is visible in the foreground of the image.
Photograph of the John C. Mills house in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1915. Two men stand near the porch of the two-story clapboard house. A neighboring stone house is visible in the background of the image.
Photograph of the Philip Reinhardt house at 5637 Cherokee Circle on a snowy winter day circa 1930. The two-story Victorian wood house features a wrap-around front porch was built by Reinhardt, who immigrated to the United States from Germany circa 1850. The original address of the home was 5637 Mission Road.