Gardens

Displaying 25 - 36 of 67

Pond at Quivira Botanical Gardens

Photograph of a pond in the Quivira Botanical Gardens north of the Lake Quivira Dam in 1931 or 1932. The 10-acre site, included ponds, gardens, springs, and picnic areas.

Pergola in Memory of the Ernest E. Smiths

An autochrome photograph of a pergola at the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) dedicated to the memory of Ernest E. Smith and his family. This vantage point faces northeast towards the east pergola of the rose garden.

Municipal Rose Garden Pool

An autochrome photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) pool looking from the west.

Municipal Rose Garden Arch

An autochrome photograph of an arch with winter covering at the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden).

Municipal Rose Garden

A color glass plate positive photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) looking northeast toward The Walnuts apartments.

Municipal Rose Garden

An autochrome photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) looking from the northwest.

Municipal Rose Garden

An autochrome photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) looking northeast toward The Walnuts apartments.

Municipal Rose Garden

An autochrome photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) looking southeast.

Municipal Rose Garden

An autochrome photograph of the Municipal Rose Garden (Loose Park Rose Garden) looking southeast.

Mr. Jones & Grandson in Formal Garden

An autochrome photograph of Ellis R. Jones with his grandson in his formal garden. Jones was vice-president of the Kansas City Paper House.

Minnie Long Sloan with a Coster Spruce Tree

An autochrome photograph of Minnie Long Sloan standing next to a coster spruce tree in her garden.

Maude Blackburn in the Garden

An autochrome photograph of Maude Blackburn standing in her garden. Her husband, Schuyler C. Blackburn was president of ABC Fireproof Warehouse Company. The historical street address is 2321 Fieldston Road, also known at that time as 2321 West 54th Street (U.S. Highway 50), placing it near 54th Street and Mission Road in the Fieldston neighborhood in modern day Fairway, Kansas.