Farms

Displaying 13 - 24 of 25
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of a group of nine women seated near a flock of chickens at the Schultzel Farm circa 1937. The women, part of a Broadway Methodist Church (Kansas City, MO) women's group. Eight of the women are seated, several with purses on their laps, with one woman standing. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of two young women driving a horse buggy at the Schultzel Farm circa 1937. Suzanne Schutzel, on the left, holds the horse's reins, while the other young women holds a parasol to shade them. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of a group of Campfire Girls riding on a hayrack at Schutzel Farm circa 1935. Emil Schutzel II stands at the front of the hayrack, holding the reins of two horses, with his son, Emil Schutzel III at his rear. A group of 13 girls and an adult women sit, stand, and recline across the rest of the hayrack. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of 11 young girls gathered around and feeding a flock of birds on the Schutzel Farm, circa 1935. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960. The girls were participating in the Campfire Girls program. Judy Hawkins is identified as the first girl on the left, Janice Hewitt is 5th from left, and Suzanne Schutzel at the far right.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of a child and a goat inside a wood box on the Schutzel Farm in the mid-1930s. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960. The young boy, Emil Schutzel III, was born in 1929. 

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of two women, dressed in trousers and headscarves, bottle feeding a piglet at the Schutzel Farm circa 1937. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.

Genre: 
Photographs

Aerial view of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis G. Wilson at 67th and Glenwood Streets in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1935. The Wilson residence, at the center of the image, and a neighboring Tudor-style house to the west face 67th Street, which runs across the lower right of the image. Glenwood Street runs north and south through the lower left of the image. Several other houses, barns, and outbuildings surround the Wilson residence, along with large yards and farmland. 

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Porter Dairy Farm near 91st and Antioch in Overland Park, Kansas, in the early 1900s. Barns, silos, and other farm buildings are visible in the middle of the image, surrounded by pastureland. 

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of a dairy barn and house on the Porter Dairy Farm near Tomahawk and Mission Roads in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1915. A tilled field surrounded by wire fence is visible in the foreground of the image. 

Genre: 
Prints

A lithograph on paper by Thomas Hart Benton depicting two farmers and a donkey on a stark Midwestern farm.
This representational print was created while Benton taught at the Kansas City Art Institute. The original dimensions are 9 7/8 x 12 5/8 in. (25.1 x 32.2 cm).

Genre: 
Prints

A lithograph on paper by Thomas Hart Benton depicting a horse and well on a Midwestern farm. This representational print was created while Benton taught at the Kansas City Art Institute. The original dimensions are 7 7/8 x 12 in. (20.0 x 30.5 cm).

Genre: 
Prints

A lithograph on paper by Thomas Hart Benton (printed by George C. Miller) depicting a donkey on a stark Midwestern farm. This representational print was created while Benton taught at the Kansas City Art Institute. The original dimensions are 8 3/4 x 13 3/8 in. (22.2 x 33.9 cm).

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY