Choirs (Music)

Displaying 1 - 12 of 15

St. Peter's Church Choir

Photograph of the St. Peter's Church Choir posed outside of the entrance to the original corrugated iron church building, known by the congregation as the "Tin Cathedral". This vantage point faces south on the south side of Meyer Boulevard between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.

Second Annual Concert of the Cathedral Choir of Kansas City at Shubert Theatre

Photograph of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Choir at their second annual concert at Shubert Theatre on June 2, 1922.

Olathe Methodist Church Choir

Photograph of members of the Olathe Methodist Epicopal Church choir gathered outdoors on July 4, 1918. Handwriting on the photo notes that the choir is at London Heights, presumably the church in Kansas City, Kansas. Harry VanLandingham, secretary of the choir, stands at the far right of the group. Handwritten on the bottom of the print is the note "Daddie's choir at Olathe."

Laurence Pierot, Rev. J. P. Prendergast, and William Saeger

Photograph of opera singer Laurence Pierot, Holy Cross Pastor Rev. J. P. Prendergast, and Holy Cross Choir Director William Saeger standing outside the Holy Cross Catholic Church after Mass. Saeger and Pierot were brothers. This photograph was taken facing north towards the main entrance to the Holy Cross Catholic Church.

Laurence Pierot with Holy Cross Choir after Mass

Photograph of opera singer Laurence Pierot posed with the choir of the Holy Cross Parish in front of the church after Mass. Pictured, front row: Mary Maloney, Mrs. J. Reed, Elizabeth Watson, Mary Frances Coughlan, Mrs. J. Cronin, Mrs. Durbin, Helen Fallaschek; second row: Edgar J. Keating, Alice Gerhart, Mrs. Frank Kapprell, Josephine Shoopman (organist), Teresa O'Connor, Augusta O'Flanagan, Bruno Nicoli; back row: J. V. Reilly, Rev. Nichol (brother of Rev. J. P. Nicholi), William Saeger, Laurence Saeger Pierot, Rev. J. P. Prendergast (pastor), Randolph Breting, Rev. J. P.

John Mullen and Marie Flahive Hiking to Jesse James Cave

Photograph of John Mullen and Marie Flahive posed holding hands on a railroad track in the East Bottoms of Kansas City, Missouri. The picture was taken during a hike to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike for several members of the Holy Cross Catholic Church choir and friends in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Holy Trinity Orthodox Church Choir

Photograph of the Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church choir dressed in costumes for a performance. The church was founded in 1917 by the Russian immigrants living in the Strawberry Hill neighborhood of Kansas City, Kansas.

Holy Cross Hike to Jesse James Cave Near Sugar Creek, Missouri

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends posed near the Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Holy Cross Hike to Jesse James Cave Near Sugar Creek, Missouri

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends posed at the Missouri Pacific Railroad bridge over Blue River en route to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Holy Cross Hike to Jesse James Cave Near Sugar Creek, Missouri

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends posed in a pipe en route to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Holy Cross Hike to Jesse James Cave Near Sugar Creek, Missouri

Photograph of several Holy Cross Catholic Church choir members and friends resting by the railroad en route to Jesse James Cave on the Missouri River bluff near Sugar Creek, Missouri. Boy Scout Troop 80 Scoutmaster Bruno Nicoli directed the hike in the afternoon after church that Sunday.

Father Albert Senn's Friars' Choir

Photograph of the Friars' choir at Kirkwood Hall at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. The choir is comprised of members of the local diocese and directed by Reverend Albert Q. Senn, O.F.M. Identified are Senn (front center); Vincent J. O'Flaherty of Redemptorist Church (top row, 3rd from left); James A. Comiskey of St. James of Church (2nd row from top, 3rd from left); John Hanssen from a parish in Lexington, Missouri (2nd row, 2nd from left); John Oshimo, organist at Our Lady of Sorrows (top row, far right).