Photograph of a group of Campfire Girls riding on a hayrack at Schutzel Farm circa 1935. Emil Schutzel II stands at the front of the hayrack, holding the reins of two horses, with his son, Emil Schutzel III at his rear. A group of 13 girls and an adult women sit, stand, and recline across the rest of the hayrack. The 55-acre farm, near 135th Street (then Kansas Highway 150) and Switzer Street, was owned by Emil J. and Dorothy Schutzel from 1934 to 1960.
Photograph of Guy Fish and N. Myers posed with a milk wagon in front of the train depot in Stilwell, Kansas in the early 1900s. "STILWELL" is painted on the front of the building, and a sign advertising telegraph service hangs below.
A lithograph on paper by Thomas Hart Benton depicting an adult and child waving to a passing train at the edge of a stark Midwestern town. This representational print was created while Benton taught at the Kansas City Art Institute. The original dimensions are 9 x 10 3/4 in. (22.7 x 27.5 cm).
Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.