Camps

Displaying 1 - 8 of 8

Photograph of six Boy Scouts standing in a line at Camp Naish circa 1938. The boys, dressed in uniforms with neckerchiefs, stand in front of a small wood cabin or similar structure in a clearing surrounded by trees.

Photograph with slide description: "Salvation Army Fresh Air Camp, south of Independence, Mo." The camp was once located two miles east of Blue Ridge Road (presently Blue Ridge Cutoff) on U.S. Highway 40.

Postcard of the "Elm Street U-Smile Camp, 1 mile east of Kansas City on U.S. No. 40, 70 cottages." The camp and adjacent gas station (not pictured) was owned by Joseph Herman. It was located just east of the current intersection of 35th Street and Highway 40.

Photograph of cabins at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of White Hall at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of carpenters posed during construction of a cabin at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of a totem pole dedication at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

Photograph of boys exercising at Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street.

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY