Buildings

Displaying 121 - 132 of 502
Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with full exterior street level view of Horace Mann School, located on the north side of 39th Street between Euclid Avenue and Garfield Avenue. This vantage point faces northeast from the southeast corner of 39th and Euclid.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of with an exterior view of Henry C. Kumpf Public School, built in 1920 on the north side 45th Street between Olive Street and Wabash Avenue. Named after former member and officer of the Board of Education, August 1867 - November 1890. This vantage point faces north near the northeast corner of 45th and Olive.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Kansas City School District Repair Department at 1520 Campbell Street. As of 2017, the building still stands with an addition to its frontage. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Campbell Street just north of 16th Street.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of original Paseo High School, once located on the east side of Flora Avenue between 47th Street Terrace (Houston Avenue) and 48th Street Terrace. This vantage point faces southeast on the west side of Flora just south of 47th Street Terrace.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with full, street level view of Switzer School, located at 1829 Madison Avenue. It was named for Henry Switzer, Secretary of the Board of Education from 1875 to 1880. This vantage point faces east-northeast from just west of Madison Avenue between 18th Street and 20th Streeet.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with an exterior view of a group of students identified as the 1922 graduating class from Scarritt School. Students would have gone on to Northeast High School and graduated in 1926. Students are not identified. This vantage point faces north from just north of the Scarritt School addition of 1906, in the location where the 1927 addition would be built. The residences of 3514 and 3516 Anderson Avenue are pictured in the left background.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with a full exterior, street level view of Manchester School, once located at the southwest corner of Winchester Avenue and 15th Street (Truman Road). This vantage point faces southwest from the northwest corner of 15th and Winchester.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northeast from the south side of 47th just east of Holly.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the E. F. Swinney School, located on the north side of 47th Street between Holly Street and Jarboe Street. The school was named for Edward F. Swinney, treasurer of the Board of Education, 1894 to 1904. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 47th and Jarboe.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph with full, exterior street level view of "Madison School for the Deaf & Dumb", once located at the northeast corner of 29th Street and Wyandotte Street. It was named after U.S. President James Madison. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the south side of 29th Street between Wyandotte Street and Baltimore Avenue (this portion of 29th is defunct).

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of the Thacher School, once located at the northwest corner of Independence Avenue and Quincy Avenue. It was named for Major Luin E. Thacher, an early member of the school board. This vantage point faces north-northeast from the southwest corner of Independence Avenue and Brighton Avenue.

Genre: 
Photographs

Photograph of children and two adults in a playground on the balcony of the Woodland Public School, located on the north side of 8th Street between Woodland Avenue and Euclid Avenue. This vantage point faces east and shows the south frontage of the building to the left.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY