Aerial photograph of Lake Quivira looking south across the dam along the length of the lake in 1931 or 1932. The Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse and Crescent Beach are visible on the left side of the image. Lakeshore Drive traces the edge of the lake. Work on the lake and the surrounding area was started by the Quivira Development Company in 1927. The first stages of the project were completed by the early 1930s.
Photograph of a Douglas DC-2-112 airplane owned by Transcontinental & Western Air flying south over downtown Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north-northwest with the Commerce Building at the northwest corner of Walnut Street and 10th Street (white building, right-foreground).
Photograph of three Douglas DC-2 airplanes parked outside of the Transcontinental & Western Air, Inc. airplane hangar at the Municipal Airport. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Hannibal Bridge and downtown Kansas City in the background.
Issue of the anti-corruption, Kansas City-based newspaper, Future: The Newsweekly for Today. The front page includes an article, continued on pages 3 and 8, about the selling of merchandise stolen from Kansas merchants in Kansas City pawn shops, and description of the subsequent closing of small shops not tied to the Pendergast machine and sentencing of a black man to 40 years in jail in lieu of convicting the proprietor of a guilty shop at 9th and Main Streets, and other issues. Other featured articles include: “Fame!” (p.
Downtown Kansas City as shown from an aerial view before the 1928 Republican National Convention begins on June 12 at Convention Hall. This elevated vantage point faces northeast and shows the Convention Hall in the right-center foreground. The Missouri River is pictured in the far right background.
Pamphlet with information concerning Kansas City's Municipal Airport, Richards Field. The document provides the airport's specifications including: class, position, description, obstructions, lighting, accommodations, communication and signal, equipment, meteorological data, and other facts and figures. Also included is a map of its location.
An aerial view of the Mission Hills Country Club showing the completed club house, with State Line Road running across the center of the picture. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured center became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces east from above the southern portion of present-day Mission Woods, Kansas.
This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard). Chandler's Nursery in the foreground with Sinclair Filling Station across the street to the North; the White Rose Filling Station to the west; Brush Creek to the south; the Standard Oil Filling Station at the corner of Wornall Road and Mill Creek Parkway.