Maypole dancing and many athletic events planned for the annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces northeast from just east of Pennsylvania Avenue by the track behind the high school.
Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.
Five women, the "Goddesses" observing annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces east towards rear of the high school from near the center of the football field.
Romanelli Gardens, the northeast portion of the Armour Farm, just west of Wornall Road and south of 67th Street, has been added to the developing section of the Country Club District. This vantage point faces north-northeast at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and 68th Terrace were this fountain was once located. The houses on the northern side of 68th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Wornall Road can be seen in the background and the steeple of the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at 400 West 67th Street can be seen to the right in the far background.
This picture was taken looking northwest just south of the intersection of 71st Street (now Gregory Boulevard) and Wornall Road. In November 1925, a shopping center known as Romanelli Shops was completed at the southwest corner of Wornall Road and 71st Street. These shops included R. L. Fish and Sons Grocers, Mason's Pharmacy, O. D. Stewart Barber Shop, Ambassador Cleaners, and a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store.
An autochrome photograph of Helen H. Miller standing by "Paul's Scarlet" climbing roses on her property. Her husband, George J. Miller, was a lawyer and proprietor of George J. Miller & Company. This vantage point faces north-northeast with the home at 625 West 69th Street in the background.