Circa 1941 photograph of recently demolished buildings on the east side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street in the City Market. This vantage point faces northeast with the Muehlebach Brewery.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of Fifth Street looking east towards its intersection at Central Street (left). Also pictured is the Fifth Avenue Hotel at 305-307 W. Fifth Street. Was earlier known as the Delmonico Hotel.
Photograph of the old City Market facilities on the west side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. This vantage point faces north from 5th Street between Main and Walnut and includes a partial view of a small truck backed up to the market.
Photograph of Grand Central Depot located at the southwest corner of 2nd and Wyandotte in Kansas City, Missouri. Sign on building reads "Friedman Bros. Wholesale Groceries". This vantage point faces north-northwest from the northeast corner of 3rd Street and Wyandotte Street.
Circa 1915 photograph with view of 5th Street looking east-northeast toward its intersection with Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) in the right background. Also pictured is Centropolis Hotel (center) and American Steel and Wire Company (right).
Clipping from the Kansas City Star on March 18, 1932 showing James P. Aylward, Casimir J. Welch, James M. Pendergast, William E. Sullivan (left to right, top) as well as Michael Ross (bottom). They are shown attending the Jackson County Convention at the Jackson County Courthouse once located between 5th Street and Missouri Avenue and Oak and Locust streets.
Issue of The North Side Advocate containing many reproductions of letters from various Kansas City business leaders subscribing five dollar per month for the revitalization of the Northside (current City Market and Columbus Park areas). In the form letter sent to these business leaders, M. R. Platt, President of the Northside Boosters, claims that if they do not invest in the Northside, the Kansas City business center will continue to move further south and current high-valued real estate will depreciate. Advertisements for Northside businesses are included on the final page.
Photograph of one Fokker F.32 airplane (left) and three Ford Tri-Motor airplanes (right) displayed for a large crowd of several thousand at Municipal Airport, April 4, 1930. This F.32, NC334N, was one of two owned by Western Air Express, and shows "Fox Flying House Party, Western Air Express, New York to Hollywood" on the fuselage. Mary McElroy among others left on this 32-passenger airplane the next day. The Ford Tri-Motor airplanes were owned by Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT) - Maddux Air Lines, which merged with Transcontinental and Western Air (TWA) that year.
Booklet describing the history, purpose, and operation of The Helping Hand Institute of Kansas City, Missouri. The document details the necessity for prosperous citizens to donate to the organization so that they may help the homeless find employment. Also included are pictures of the organization's facilities and beneficiaries.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the first ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Kansas to the west, 14th Street to the south, and Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the east.
Map showing the boundaries of precincts as defined in 1918 for the fifth ward of Kansas City, Missouri. This ward is bounded by the Missouri River to the north, Grand Avenue (now Grand Boulevard) to the west, 9th Street to the south, and Lydia Avenue to the east.