Photograph of the Santa Fe Trail marker located at the southeast corner of Blue Ridge Drive and 66th Street in present-day Raytown, Missouri. This vantage point face southeast with the Rice-Tremonti House in background partially showing. Marker placed by the DAR and the state of Missouri, 1909.
Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Miss Sue Wornall, the great-great-granddaughter of mission founder Thomas Johnson, poses in front of the monument itself, with Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix at the left of the image and Judge Nelson Case at the right. The text of the marker reads "This monument marks the site of the mission house erected for the benefit of the Shawnee Indians by Reverend Thomas Johnson, of the Methodist Episcopal Church, in 1830.
Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Julia Stinson, a Shawnee descendent born in 1934 a half-mile east of the site, is being blessed by Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix on the right and Bishop William O. Shepard on the left. Mrs. Stinson helped to confirm the mission site, and delivered a speech at the dedication. Thomas Johnson later relocated the mission to Johnson County.