Photograph of six Boy Scouts standing in a line at Camp Naish circa 1938. The boys, dressed in uniforms with neckerchiefs, stand in front of a small wood cabin or similar structure in a clearing surrounded by trees. Camp Naish, properly named the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation, is located northeast of Bonner Springs, Kansas, and was founded in 1926.
Photograph with caption, "Standing in front of the bath house of Karnes School are 135 boys in their first communion class in 1919. Most of the boys attended Karnes." The school was located south of Pacific Street between Missouri Avenue and Independence Avenue and between Holmes Street and Charlotte Street.
Photograph of boys learning to make toys and furniture for themselves in a workshop at the Minute Circle Friendly House. The image is featured in the photograph section of the October 29, 1933 issue of the Kansas City Star.
Clipping from the Kansas City Star on April 23, 1931 showing three men (presumably Tom Pendergast, Cas Welch, and Joe Shannon) taking a joy ride while a young boy holds a sign stating, "We have no money for playground supervision."
Photograph of a group of boys accompanied by adults near Camp Bo-Ho-Ca, located on the east side of Blue River Road near 121st Street. The camp, named for the first two letters in each word of "Boys Hotel Camp", was a boarding school to young orphaned boys ages 9-14 before joining older boys at the Boys Hotel at 1601 Admiral Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri. The camp was later leased to the Boy Scouts of America.
Photograph of Kansas City Mayor Sam B. Strother visiting the Boys Hotel at the southeast corner of Admiral Boulevard and Flora Avenue. Strother is posed shaking the hand of a boy with the other occupants of the hotel pictured behind them.