Photograph of Hugh and Mary White's four children at the Wolverine Dairy Farm in Overland Park circa 1941. Standing on the ground in front of a bar, the children are, from left to right, Bob, Joe, and Louise; Gene sits on a horse behind them. Joe holds a rabbit and Louise holds a dog. A silo is visible beyond the barn. The farm was located near 85th Street and Metcalf Avenue.
Photograph of a group of young men gathered near two bars at Porter Dairy Farm in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1930. The barns are built from stone on their lower levels and have wood siding on the second levels. The group of 25 young men wear a variety of clothing, including overalls, hats, and neckties. The farm was located near 91st Street and Antioch Road in Overland Park, Kansas.
Aerial view of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis G. Wilson at 67th and Glenwood Streets in Overland Park, Kansas, circa 1935. The Wilson residence, at the center of the image, and a neighboring Tudor-style house to the west face 67th Street, which runs across the lower right of the image. Glenwood Street runs north and south through the lower left of the image. Several other houses, barns, and outbuildings surround the Wilson residence, along with large yards and farmland.
Photograph of the Porter Dairy Farm near 91st and Antioch in Overland Park, Kansas, in the early 1900s. Barns, silos, and other farm buildings are visible in the middle of the image, surrounded by pastureland.
Photograph of a dairy barn and house on the Porter Dairy Farm near Tomahawk and Mission Roads in Prairie Village, Kansas, circa 1915. A tilled field surrounded by wire fence is visible in the foreground of the image.
Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.