Photograph of a trolley car taking a rail fork around a large building circa 1920. The line ispart of the Kansas City and Olathe Electric Trolley, also known as the Hocker Line. A handwritten note on the bottom of the image indicates the view is looking west from the Turkey Creek Bridge. Utility poles line the tracks, and a water tower stands on the roof of the building at left. A smaller roadroad building stands in the foreground.
Photograph of two men posing outside a Kansas City and Olathe Electric Railway car in the 1910s. The single trolley car bears a "SHAWNEE" sign on the front, and "Shawnee" and "Kansas City & Olathe E. R." are painted on its side. Snow covers the ground, and houses are visible behind the car. One of the two uniformed men is identified as Tom Davis. The interurban rail line ran for 7 miles between Olathe and Kansas City from 1903 to 1934, and was also known as the Hocker's Grove or Hocker Line.