Aerial photograph of Lake Quivira looking south across the dam along the length of the lake in 1931 or 1932. The Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse and Crescent Beach are visible on the left side of the image. Lakeshore Drive traces the edge of the lake. Work on the lake and the surrounding area was started by the Quivira Development Company in 1927. The first stages of the project were completed by the early 1930s.
Photograph of the Lake Quivira Country Club clubhouse great room in 1931 or 1932. The open room is pictured with multiple large area rugs, sofas, and arm chairs. An arched doorway in the background of the image allows access to the clubhouse dining room. The clubhouse building was completed in 1930.
Interior photograph of the Lake Quivira Country Club dining room in 1931 or 1932. The long narrow room includes wood floors, dark wood tables and chairs, and arched doorways in plastered walls. The clubhouse building was completed in 1930.
Photograph of Crescent Beach at Lake Quivira, looking north along the beach to the Lake Quivira Clubhouse, in 1931 or 1932. The beach and clubhouse opened in 1930 following the construction of the dam which created Lake Quivira. An elevated boardwalk and pier line part of the beach, and people are pictured swimming, sunbathing, walking, and playing in the sand. The clubhouse stands on the north end of the beach, and a two-story wood-sided house, the location of the Quivira Development Offices, is visible in the background of the image, across Crescent Boulevard from the clubhouse.
Photograph of the clubhouse building at Lake Quivira, looking south across Crescent Boulevard, in 1931 or 1932. The clubhouse building, completed in 1930, stands at the northeast corner of Lake Quivira, and includes a stone and stucco facade and Spanish-style tiled roof. Newly planted trees are also visible around the building.