Photograph of Guy Fish and N. Myers posed with a milk wagon in front of the train depot in Stilwell, Kansas in the early 1900s. "STILWELL" is painted on the front of the building, and a sign advertising telegraph service hangs below.
Photograph of Strang Line interurban railway conductor Leonidas "Lon" Cave, wearing his conductor's uniform, standing on the sidewalk in front of a line of houses near 79th and Santa Fe Drive circa 1910. Cave was later elected Johnson County sheriff.
Photograph of a one-story brick building and adjacent wood building in Aviation Park. The wood structure has "AVIATION PARK" painted across its front, and railroad tracks cross the foreground of the image. "Bldg where motion pictures were stored" is written on the back of the photograph. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east.
Photograph of a large pavilion building standing in Overland Park, Kansas's Aviation Park. Built by William Strang in 1913, the building housed a dance floor, classroom space, and a stage for performances, and the exterior featured towers for spectators and a large veranda. The airfield and park was roughly located between 83rd Street on the north and 87th Street on the south, and and Lowell Avenue on the west and Riley Street on the east.
Photograph of the Flatiron Building at 8024 Santa Fe Drive in Overland Park. The one-story building served as a commercial space, and in the late 1920s, became the home of the Overland Park Herald newspaper. A two-story house in the background of the image was occupied by Hoge Funeral Home at the time of the photograph. The Flatiron Building was later demolished for the construction of a new funeral home building.
Photograph of the stone Overland Park School building, built in 1909, near the intersection of Robinson and Santa Fe in Overland Park. The grade school was constructed on land donated by William Strang, and was destroyed fire in January, 1920.
Photograph of the Conser Building, on the northwest corner of 80th and Foster in downtown Overland Park, circa 1920. The two-story brick building was built by Grant Conser in 1911 and housed a general store on its lower level and a meeting hall on the upper floor.
Photograph of activity centered on railroad tracks, circa 1920s. A train is in operation at the background of the image, with tracks running to the foreground. Men stand on either side of the tracks, alongside large tanks on the left and train wheels on the right.