Promotional pamphlet from the Curtiss-Wright Flying school. The pamphlet gives detailed descriptions of the standard courses and methods of instruction and gives more detailed information regarding the commercial pilot's course, the transport pilot's course, the seaplane pilot's course, a listing of all the flying service bases, the Curtiss-Wright Base of Kansas City, and financial planning for students.
Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view of Inland Aviation Company, also known as Inland Aircraft Company, once located at the southeast corner of Fairfax Road (presently Fairfax Trafficway) and Funston Road in Kansas City, Kansas. The Inland Sport was the first plane built and one of the fastest personal planes of the period. The Depression caused the company, in business only 22 months, to go bankrupt. It was known for its racers.
Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view of Fairfax Industrial Airport in Kansas City, Kansas. It is noted on the back of the photograph that Curtiss Wright is at the northern end of the field. This vantage point faces northeast an shows the intersection of Funston Road and Fairfax Road (presently Fairfax Trafficway) in the center.
Photograph of the exterior of the Simon Company plant, a mattress manufactuer, in the Fairfax District of Kansas City, Kansas. The plant opened in 1936 at Fairfax and Eagle (later Sunshine) Roads, west of the Fairfax Airport.
Photograph of the exterior of the Sealright Company plant, a paper products, bottle caps, and food packaging manufacturer, in the Fairfax district of Kansas City, Kansas, south of the Fairfax Airport. The plant opened in 1932 at the intersection of Fairfax and Rickel Roads.
Photograph of the exterior view of the Massey-Harris Harvester Company, a tractor and thresher manufacturer, plant in the Fairfax District of Wyandotte County, Kansas. The plant opened in 1925 north of the intersection of Fairfax Road and Diagonal Way.
Photograph of the exterior of the Fruehauf Trailer Company in the Fairfax District of Wyandotte County, Kansas. Local architect Charles E. Keyser designed the plant, which opened in 1937 and was located at the intersection of Fairfax and Funston Roads.