Empty, stamped envelope of correspondence addressed to Thomas J. Pendergast at 525 Deleware [Delaware], Kansas City, Missouri. The envelope does not include a return to sender name or address.
Postcard showing the Swope Park Pergola, located to the southeast of the main entrance to Swope Park in Kansas City, Missouri. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Mabel Couch of Parkville, Missouri.
Postcard of the Country Club District, showing Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces north on the west side of Brookside Boulevard, just south of 54th Street. The description on the back of the postcard reads, "An interesting view in the country club district, one of Kansas City's best residence sections. This is the largest high class exclusive residence section in the United States."
Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Miss Sue Wornall, the great-great-granddaughter of mission founder Thomas Johnson, poses in front of the monument itself, with Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix at the left of the image and Judge Nelson Case at the right. The text of the marker reads "This monument marks the site of the mission house erected for the benefit of the Shawnee Indians by Reverend Thomas Johnson, of the Methodist Episcopal Church, in 1830.
Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Julia Stinson, a Shawnee descendent born in 1934 a half-mile east of the site, is being blessed by Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix on the right and Bishop William O. Shepard on the left. Mrs. Stinson helped to confirm the mission site, and delivered a speech at the dedication. Thomas Johnson later relocated the mission to Johnson County.
Photograph of the dedication of a monument at the site of the first Shawnee Indian Mission, located near the former town of Turner in Kansas City, Kansas. Thomas Johnson later relocated the mission to Johnson County. Unidentified men and women are pictured near a tent and American flag.
A panoramic photograph showing a fire at the stockyards in Kansas City, Missouri. Many cattle were killed.
Postcard facing east on 37th Street (currently Stadium Drive) in Leeds, Missouri (now part of Kansas City). The Renick greenhouse and flower shop and the Leeds horseshoeing shop are pictured.
Map of "The Country Club District including Sunset Hill, Mission Hills, Hampstead Gardens, Wornall Manor, Greenway Fields, '1,500 Acres Restricted', Planned, Developed and Offered Exclusively by J. C. Nichols." This street map shows property owners of larger estates and includes an inset map with relative location in Kansas City.
Photograph of the Perry Orphans' Home and grounds, located at Westport Road and Belleview. This vantage point faces north-northwest from the intersection of 43rd Street (Westport Road) and Jarboe Street.
Photograph with full frontal and side view of Rollins School, located on the northeast corner of 40th and Main streets. It later became the first St. Paul's Episcopal Day School.
Photograph with an exterior view of a group of Kensington School 6th grade students posed on the school steps. Identified as Mrs. Sanders, teacher. The girls are identified on the back of the photograph. This vantage point faces north towards the main south entrance to the school.