An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
Three homes on 61st street at the end of the completed Belleview Avenue. This vantage point faces south on Belleview Avenue from just south of Huntington Road.
Two young women sitting near a lamp sculpture with a house at 5939 Overhill Road barely visible in the background. This vantage point faces northeast towards the small park at the intersection of Stratford Road and Oakwood Road, in Mission Hills, Kansas.
Long stone bench located in The Piazzetta, a woman with a basket of flowers sits in the center of the bench. The Piazzetta (now called Strawn Park after Farrell Clifford Strawn) is located between 63rd Street, Summit Street, and Valley Road in the Greenway Fields subdivision of Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southwest towards undeveloped land beyond the southern tip of the park. The bench and accompanying statues pictured have since been moved to the northern edge of the park bordering 63rd Street.
Sign for Wornall Manor, looking southwest from the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue, Valley Road, and 62nd Street.
Two residents, a man and a woman, of Greenway Fields walk near the Rams' Heads, a decorative motif for a trellis over the sidewalk on Valley Road near 62nd Street. This vantage point faces north-northeast on Valley Road south of 62nd Street.
Saturday morning cross country hikes for the boys of the Country Club District, arranged by Miss Louise Hook, Community Secretary.
The statue of a small boy and a pool were features of the Crestwood interior park named Happy Woods Park, once located between 54th Street, 55th Street, Locust Street, and Cherry Street. This vantage point faces southeast towards the intersection of Locust Street, 55th Street, and Oak Street in the far right background.
Six white columns stand erect in a park at Locust Street and Cherry Street, the structure patterned after the columns on the campus at the University of Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast at the intersection of Locust and Cherry, one block north of 54th Street.
Stone archways were built at each of the entrances into the Crestwood area. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Locust Street, 55th Street, and Oak Street.
View of Jesse Clyde Nichols home at 1214 Santa Fe Road (now 1214 West 55th Street). This vantage point faces east-northeast towards the residence from just north of Santa Fe Road between State Line Road and Ward Parkway.
Smoke clouds arising from Lyle Rock Company quarry, located at 48th Street and Baltimore Avenue.
Home of Chester C. Smith at 6418 Washington Street. Smith was later president of the Kansas City Power & Light Company (1330 Baltimore Avenue) during the company strike in 1941. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street.
Some of the earlier homes built in Armour Hills, this block of homes is part of the Edgevale Road group. The spectators in the photograph include Grace Carlson and Ernest Holt. This vantage point faces northeast from just south of the intersection of 65th Terrace and Edgevale Road.
Sheep grazing up and down the hillsides of Mission Hills. The sheep "earned their keep" by clearing the property of weeds.
Home of Frank Brown at 1604 W. 59th Street (now designated 2204 W. 59th Street). Brown was an elected member of the Mission Hills Homes Company board of directors. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of Oakwood Road and 59th Street.
Close exterior shot of the marble balustrade once located at the intersection of Ward Parkway and Meyer Boulevard. This vantage point likely faces north-northeast from the northern curve of Meyer Circle at the intersection of Ward Parkway and Meyer Boulevard
In 1925, the J. C. Nichols Company maintained a small sales office in the Stratford Gardens area located at the southeast corner of 61st Street and State Line Road.
J. C. Nichols School, located at 69th and Oak Streets, now known as Académie Lafayette. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Oak Street and 69th Terrace.
The restored residence of the missionary at the Shawnee Indian Mission with a child sitting out front. This building is located at the southeastern corner of 52nd Street and Porter Road (now 53rd Street and Mission Road). This vantage point faces south-southeast on present day 53rd Street from just east of Mission Road.