An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
Entrance to 5110 Cherry Street, located in Southwood Park. The home belonged to Edwin W. Shields and construction was completed shortly after World War I. This vantage point faces west on Cherry Street between 51st Street and 52nd Street. This building is now part of the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
Home of Edwin W. Shields at 5110 Cherry Street, completed shortly after World War I. This vantage point faces south-southeast towards the main entrance of the home. This building is now part of the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
5434 Central Street home of Zeno T. Briggs, who bought a lot in 1909 and lived at this home until June 1929. This vantage point faces west-northwest on Central Street just north of 55th Street.
Home built by Edward Dickinson at 810 W. 52nd Street, and then resided in by Mr. and Mrs. Louis Schutte. This vantage point faces northeast from east of Belleview Avenue and north of 52nd Street.
Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.
Exterior of the Administration Building of the Country Day School, later called Pembroke Country Day School. It was once located near the southeastern corner of 51st Street and State Line Road. The ground on which this building stood is now the quadrangle of the Pembroke Hill School - Ward Parkway Campus. This vantage point faces southwest from just south of 51st Street, between Ward Parkway and State Line Road.
An early picture of the Mission Hills Country Club House, once located in Kansas City, Missouri. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces southeast on State Line Road just south of Brush Creek.
An aerial view of the Mission Hills Country Club showing the completed club house, with State Line Road running across the center of the picture. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured center became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces east from above the southern portion of present-day Mission Woods, Kansas.
Three homes on 61st street at the end of the completed Belleview Avenue. This vantage point faces south on Belleview Avenue from just south of Huntington Road.
Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company. This vantage point faces northeast on Brookside Boulevard just south of 62nd Terrace.
Photograph of the construction of Mission Drive in Mission Hills, Kansas. This vantage point faces southeast towards 63rd Street from just south of the intersection of Mission Drive, High Drive, and Brookwood Road.
Two young women sitting near a lamp sculpture with a house at 5939 Overhill Road barely visible in the background. This vantage point faces northeast towards the small park at the intersection of Stratford Road and Oakwood Road, in Mission Hills, Kansas.
Home of Albert R. Jones at 5701 Mission Drive. This vantage point faces east-southeast on the grounds of the estate towards the front entrance facing Mission Drive.
Long stone bench located in The Piazzetta, a woman with a basket of flowers sits in the center of the bench. The Piazzetta (now called Strawn Park after Farrell Clifford Strawn) is located between 63rd Street, Summit Street, and Valley Road in the Greenway Fields subdivision of Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces southwest towards undeveloped land beyond the southern tip of the park. The bench and accompanying statues pictured have since been moved to the northern edge of the park bordering 63rd Street.
Sign for Wornall Manor, looking southwest from the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue, Valley Road, and 62nd Street.
Two residents, a man and a woman, of Greenway Fields walk near the Rams' Heads, a decorative motif for a trellis over the sidewalk on Valley Road near 62nd Street. This vantage point faces north-northeast on Valley Road south of 62nd Street.
Saturday morning cross country hikes for the boys of the Country Club District, arranged by Miss Louise Hook, Community Secretary.
The statue of a small boy and a pool were features of the Crestwood interior park named Happy Woods Park, once located between 54th Street, 55th Street, Locust Street, and Cherry Street. This vantage point faces southeast towards the intersection of Locust Street, 55th Street, and Oak Street in the far right background.
Six white columns stand erect in a park at Locust Street and Cherry Street, the structure patterned after the columns on the campus at the University of Missouri. This vantage point faces southeast at the intersection of Locust and Cherry, one block north of 54th Street.