Photograph of the interior and exterior of the Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2, built in 1928 as an annex to the Tuberculosis Hospital built in 1914. Captioned: "Kansas City Tuberculosis Hospital No. 2 is situated in the country, outside of the city limits, on high spot to the west of U. S. highway No. 40. It is a new building, constructed in accordance with the latest ideas on the treatment of tuberculosis, and has the most modern equipment. It is a free hospital, giving treatment until patient is discharged with disease arrested.
Photograph of nurses holding degrees outside of the main entrance to the Wheatley-Provident Hospital, located on the western side of Forest Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces west towards the main entrance.
The Generalite, 1940 is a yearbook for the General Hospital Number Two, Class of 1940. Included are portraits of Dr. Edwin Henry Schorer, director of Health for Kansas City, Missouri; Dr. Percy C. Turner, Superintendent for General Hospital No. 2; Lorenda S. Harris, R. N., Superintendent of Nurses; and Miss Bernice F. Brown, R. N., Instructor of Nurses. Also included are group photographs of the staff physicians, staff nurses, graduate nurses, and students of each graduating class.
Photograph of a treatment room at Major Clinic. The clinic, owned and operated by Dr. Hermon S. Major, was a private facility devoted to the treatment of alcoholism.
Photograph of the reception room of the female mental department at Major Clinic. The clinic, owned and operated by Dr. Hermon S. Major, was a private facility devoted to the treatment of alcoholism.
Photograph with slide description, "Babies in cribs, nursery at St. Vincent's, K.C., Mo." St. Vincent's was located at the northeast corner of Walrond Avenue and 23rd Street.