Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 38

Postcard including an image of the Children's Memorial Lutheran Church at the southeast corner of Independence Avenue and Brighton Avenue. The form correspondence reads, "We missed you Sunday, __. If you are sick kindly let us know. Unless we hear from you we will expect you present next Sunday. Our Motto: Every scholar present every Sunday and on time, 9:30 a.m." The postcard was used to remind the congregation to attend bible school. The vantage point of the photograph faces east-southeast from near the southwest corner of Brighton and Independence.

Date: 
1910

Photograph of pallbearers carrying the body of Monsignor James T. Walsh who erected the Our Lady of Good Counsel Church at 3934 Washington Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Walsh died on November 20, 1925 and was buried three days later.

Date: 
November 23rd 1925

Photograph of the First Methodist Episcopal Church, South located at the northwest corner of Maple Avenue and Spring Street in Independence, Missouri.

Date: 
March 1925

Photograph looking north along Broadway Boulevard from 13th Street. The Hotel Commonwealth is pictured to the left.

Date: 
1925

Photograph looking north on the east side of Forest Avenue between 9th Street and 10th Street. The First Church of Christ Scientist is pictured to the left.

Date: 
1925

Photograph looking east along the south side of 13th from the east side of Holmes. St. Mary's Episcopal Church is pictured to the right.

Date: 
1930

An autochrome photograph of First Congregational Church, once located on the northwest corner of Admiral Boulevard and Highland Avenue. This vantage point faces northwest towards the church from this intersection.

Date: 
October 6th 1932

An autochrome photograph of Assumption Church (now known as St. Anthony's), taken looking northeast from the intersection of Benton Boulevard and Lexington Avenue.

Date: 
August 28th 1934

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Date: 
1940

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Date: 
1940

Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.

Date: 
1940

Photograph looking west along the north side of 9th Street between Forest Avenue and Tracy Avenue. The First Church of Christ Scientist is pictured to the left.

Date: 
February 19th 1941

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary Church (left) and the parochial school (right). This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Campbell Street and Missouri Avenue.

Photograph of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street just south of 39th Terrace.

Photograph with full street level, exterior view of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950. This vantage point faces east on 40th Street from just west of the intersection of 40th and Pennsylvania.

Photograph of Roanoke Baptist Church located at the northwest corner of 40th Street and Wyoming Street.

Photograph of South Side Baptist Church, once located at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Montgall Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.