Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 38

An autochrome photograph of Assumption Church (now known as St. Anthony's), taken looking northeast from the intersection of Benton Boulevard and Lexington Avenue.

Date: 
August 28th 1934

An autochrome photograph of First Congregational Church, once located on the northwest corner of Admiral Boulevard and Highland Avenue. This vantage point faces northwest towards the church from this intersection.

Date: 
October 6th 1932

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Date: 
1940

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Date: 
1940

Photograph of pallbearers carrying the body of Monsignor James T. Walsh who erected the Our Lady of Good Counsel Church at 3934 Washington Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Walsh died on November 20, 1925 and was buried three days later.

Date: 
November 23rd 1925

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.

Date: 
1940

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary Church (left) and the parochial school (right). This vantage point faces southeast from the northwest corner of Campbell Street and Missouri Avenue.

Photograph of Our Lady of Good Counsel Church. This vantage point faces west on Washington Street just south of 39th Terrace.

Photograph with full street level, exterior view of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950.

Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church, once located at the southwest corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 40th Street in Westport. The church was constructed in 1859, sold as a private residence in 1895, and razed before 1950. This vantage point faces east on 40th Street from just west of the intersection of 40th and Pennsylvania.

Photograph of Roanoke Baptist Church located at the northwest corner of 40th Street and Wyoming Street.

Photograph of South Side Baptist Church, once located at the southwest corner of 54th Street and Montgall Avenue.

Drawing of the Centropolis Baptist Church at 1410 White Avenue. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the east side of White Avenue just south of 14th Street.

Circa 1925 photograph of Budd Park Christian Church located at southwest corner of St. John Avenue and Brighton Avenue.

Circa 1925 photograph with partial front view of the Swope Park Christian Church located at the northwest corner of 62nd Street and Swope Parkway.

Circa 1925 photograph of the Van Brunt Christian Church. This vantage point faces east from the west side of Van Brunt Boulevard between 24th Street and 25th Street. Albert Jones is listed as pastor on the sign attached to the building.

Circa 1925 photograph of Grace English Lutheran Church in the winter at the southeast corner of 43rd Street and Madison Avenue. Part of the Ohio Synod and dedicated October 9, 1921. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the north side of 43rd Street between Madison Avenue and Summit Street.

Circa 1925 photograph of Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church located at the northwest corner of 74th Street and Broadway Boulevard (now Wornall Road). Dr. Grant A. Robbins is listed as the pastor.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.