Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 36

1940's photograph of Main Street looking north towards 5th Street from just south of the intersection of Main and Missouri Avenue.

Date: 
March 1949

Booklet describing the history, purpose, and operation of The Helping Hand Institute of Kansas City, Missouri. The document details the necessity for prosperous citizens to donate to the organization so that they may help the homeless find employment. Also included are pictures of the organization's facilities and beneficiaries.

Date: 
1930

Photograph of the W. F. Baker Poultry and Eggs Building, once located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of the Harmony Lunch Restaurant, once located at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 4th Street. Also pictured is an advertisement for Muehlebach Pilsner Beer.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 5th Street. Pictured establishments include Merchants Bank, Fruit Supply Co., and Aleshi Brothers Produce Company.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of the Nigro Pool Hall and Red Gibson's Restaurant, once located at the southeast corner of 3rd Street and Walnut Street.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of the Nigro Pool Hall and Red Gibson's Restaurant, once located at the southeast corner of 3rd Street and Walnut Street. This vantage point looks east down 3rd Street from the southwest corner of 3rd and Walnut.

Date: 
1940

Photograph of businesses at the northeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Walnut Buffet and New Market Cafe.

Date: 
1940

Photograph looking east toward businesses at the southeast corner of Walnut Street and 4th Street. Pictured establishments include Defeo Fruit Co., L. Yukon & Sons Produce Co., Inc., and William F. Helm & Son.

Date: 
1940

Photograph looking east toward businesses on the east side of Walnut Street between 4th Street and 5th Street. Pictured establishments include Aleshi Brothers Produce Co., Terminal Produce, Adams Seed Co., A. Robinson & Sons Fruit Co., and Sarser Produce Co.

Date: 
1940

Photograph of businesses at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 3rd Street.

Date: 
June 1941

Photograph of businesses at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 3rd Street.

Date: 
June 1941

Circa 1940 photograph with a rooftop view of the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Main Street in the City Market.

Photograph of the Rutherford Chile Con Carnie Co. Building, once located at the northeast corner of Grand Avenue (presently Grand Boulevard) and 3rd Street.

Date: 
June 1941

Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast.

Circa 1940 photograph with aerial view looking down onto the City Market and the neighborhood directly to the northeast, including the ASB Bridge.

Photograph looking west on the north side of 3rd Street between Walnut Street and Main Street. Pictured establishments include the Cozy House, B. Ossep Com. Co., and L. Yukon & Son Produce.

Date: 
October 1922

Circa 1930 photograph with an aerial view looking east-northeast across the West Bottoms from Kansas City, Kansas. Includes view of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, as well as the 2nd Hannibal Bridge and the ASB bridge. Both the Kansas and Missouri rivers in view.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.