Panoramic view of Western University Band at Muehlebach Field in 1925, G. H. Taylor, director. Source: Booker T. Washington.
Photograph of an audience watching a baseball game at Muehlebach Field in Kansas City, MO.
Photograph of L. D. Livingston of the Kansas City Monarchs. The photo appears to be autographed "To Vessa From a Friend, L. D. Livingston." Vessa is likely VeEssa Spivey of Black Hawk Barbecue.
Postcard showing Muehlebach Field (later Ruppert/Blues/Municipal Stadium), once located west of Brooklyn Avenue between 21st and 22nd Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces east-southeast towards the bases and right field. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Anna Dyer of Boston, Massachusetts.
Program distributed for the Muehlebach Field dedication on July 3, 1923, including a proclamation by Mayor Frank H. Cromwell recommending that "every employer forget the ever present serious side of life" in order to attend, and let employees attend, the opening game. To set the example, Cromwell declared that day a half-holiday for city employees. The program also notes speeches from George Muehlebach, the governors of Kansas and Missouri,and mayors of Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas. Photographs depict the stadium, the team, and local supporters.
Panoramic photograph of the Kansas City Monarchs, including L-R: Jack Marshall (P), Hurley McNair (OF/P) , Newt Joseph (3B), Harold 'Yellowhorse' Morris (P), Heavy Johnson (OF), Newt Allen (1B/SS), 'Bullet Joe' Rogan (P), Jose Mendez (P), Dobie Moore (SS), Lemuel Hawkins (1B), William Bell (P), C. Bell, Dink Mothel (UT), Frank Duncan (C), Bill Drake (P), George Sweatt (CF), and Howard Bartlett (P).
Photograph of a nightime baseball game at Muehlebach Field at the northwest corner of 22nd Street and Brooklyn Avenue.
Photograph showing the first football game, between Wyandotte High School and Omaha Technical High School, on Wyandotte Field located at Washington Boulevard and Minnesota Avenue, in Kansas City, Kansas. Wyandotte High School, then located in downtown KCK, used the facilities, and later relocated to the site after the completion of its new building in 1937. The Westheight Golf Clubhouse is visible in the upper righthand corner.
Group portrait of the 1936 Kansas City Blues baseball team inside Muehlebach Field (later renamed Blues/Municipal Stadium). The team is posed in front of an oversized baseball display that reads "George Trautman Official League". Autograph on photo reads "To my pal N. Emerson Paton in appreciation, Phil Small, May 4, 1936, 'Parkview Pharmacy'".