Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 99

An autochrome photograph of a rock garden built by pupils at the John K. Stark School. The building is located at northwest corner of 17th Street and Stark Avenue.

Date: 
May 5th 1934

An autochrome photograph of vines on the main building of the Sunset Hill School, taken from the southeast.

Date: 
September 12th 1932

Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.

Exterior of the Administration Building of the Country Day School, later called Pembroke Country Day School. It was once located near the southeastern corner of 51st Street and State Line Road. The ground on which this building stood is now the quadrangle of the Pembroke Hill School - Ward Parkway Campus. This vantage point faces southwest from just south of 51st Street, between Ward Parkway and State Line Road.

Exterior of the Sunset Hill School. The school possessed a stage, large auditorium, lunch room, and two primary class rooms. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School. This vantage point faces west near the southwest corner of 50th Street and Wornall Road.

Date: 
1920

Interior of the Sunset Hill School showing fourteen students with a female teacher conducting class. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School at Wornall Road and 51st Street.

Date: 
1920

Forty students of the William Cullen Bryant School who pulled dandelions in the Country Club District. Prizes were given for those who pulled the most. This vantage point faces north towards the rear of the school from just north of 57th Street between Wornall Road and Central Street.

Date: 
1921

Completed construction of Southwest High School at 65th Street and Wornall Road.

Date: 
September 1924

J. C. Nichols School, located at 69th and Oak Streets, now known as Académie Lafayette. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Oak Street and 69th Terrace.

Date: 
1927

Close up exterior view of the Oak Street entrance to the J. C. Nichols School, now known as Académie Lafayette. This building is located at the southeastern corner of Oak Street and 69th Street.

Date: 
1927

Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.

Date: 
May 1933

Five women, the "Goddesses" observing annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces east towards rear of the high school from near the center of the football field.

Date: 
May 1933

This photograph of Douglass School was taken looking northeast at the intersection of 27th Street and Jarboe Street (also known as W. Prospect Pl. at this time). Douglass School was built in 1890 as a public school for African Americans.

Photograph of the R. T. Coles Vocational School Class of 1938 posed outside of the main entrance to the school. R. T. Coles Vocational and Junior High School opened in the old Lincoln High School building at the northeast corner of 19th Street and Tracy Avenue in Kansas City, Missouri, for the 1936/1937 academic year. The school offered a junior high curriculum to ninth grade students and trades, including domestic and mechanical arts, to tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students. This vantage point faces north 19th Street just east of Tracy Avenue.

Date: 
1938

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School (right) and Lincoln High School (left). Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School. Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north from just west of the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Photograph of Kindergarten students at Lincoln School, known after 1918 as W. W. Yates School. Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of the segregated Lincoln High School, once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Tracy and 19th.

Photograph of the the Industrial Arts Class at Lincoln High School, once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri.

Photograph of the Lincoln High School Class of 1933 posed outside of the main entrance to the school. Lincoln High School was once located at the northeast corner of Tracy Avenue and 19th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north 19th Street just east of Tracy Avenue.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.