Portrait photograph of the 1899 Kansas City, Missouri councilmen's baseball team. Pictured on top from left to right: Lewis B. Sawyer, 7th Ward, center field; Jesse L. Jewell, 3rd Ward, second base; O. Hansford Swearingen, 5th Ward, catcher; Claus Swanson, 4th Ward, right field; and John Moran, 2nd Ward, third base. Pictured on bottom from left to right: F. N. Johnson, 14th Ward, pitcher; John P. Lynch, 6th Ward, left field; James Pendergast, 1st Ward, short stop and Captain; A. D. Burrows, 10th Ward, substitute; and F. L. Middleton, 13th Ward, first base.
Photograph of James Alexander Reed (1861-1944), 3/4 length portrait, seated, facing left.
Studio portrait of George E. Kessler. Kessler was instrumental in developing Kansas City's unique park and boulevard system.
Mary Tiera Farrow, more commonly known as Tiera Farrow, photographed in the uniform of the National League of Women’s Services and standing next to an ambulance, ca. 1918. Farrow was one of the few women in the United States who successfully practiced law in the early 1900s despite the discrimination that women faced in the legal field and society more generally. After having been denied the professional benefits of joining any existing bar association, Farrow led a group of 20 women in establishing their own bar in Kansas City.
Portrait of Dr. Ernest W. Cavaness in uniform, ca. 1918 (printed image). Source: Kansas City Museum (George Fuller Green Collection).
Snapshot of Louise Byers with friends from Kansas City School of Law (Tiera Farrow, Anna Campbell, and Sue Mandell included), ca. 1919. The back of the photograph includes the following text: "Brother, These are the girls who were out when the Juniors had their party at our house. Susan Mandell, Glady Asel, Anna Mae Campbell, Mrs. Rogers, Emma Chaquette, Miss Farrow, Elsie Asel, Esther Johnson, Clara Austin, & me [Louise Byers] at the bottom." Byers and Farrow were co-founders of the Women's Bar Association of Kansas City.
Portrait of Charles W. Armour who in 1899 bought eighty acres land between Wornall Road and State Line Road and from about 65th Street south to about 67th Street.
Portrait of Jerry Wilson Perry, or Jerry Perry (usually called J. W. Perry), president of the Commerce Trust Company in Kansas City. Perry was born in Nodaway County, Missouri in 1870 and became a school principal in Maitland, Missouri and Saint Louis before coming to Kansas City in 1909. Source: Kansas City Museum (George Fuller Green Collection).
Portrait of Ruby D. Garrett, Chairman of the Program Committee for the American Legion Convention, ca. 1921. Source: Kansas City Museum (George Fuller Green Collection).
Photograph of graduates of St. James Grade School. Monsignor John W. Keyes, pastor of St. James is pictured along with Rose Muser (5th from right).
Photograph of James Madison Kemper (left), father of William Thornton Kemper, Sr. (right), father of James M. Kemper, Sr. (center), father of David W. Kemper (front).
This is a photograph of a newspaper advertisement for Harry S. Truman's 1924 campaign for Eastern District Jackson County Court Judge. The photo ran in the Independence Examiner.
Portrait of Albert I. Beach, Mayor of Kansas City MO from 1924-1930. Source: Kansas City Museum (George Fuller Green Collection).
Election pamphlet giving brief biographies and formal portraits of major Democratic candidates running for office in 1924, from President to Jackson County public administrator. These candidates include Lewis C. Ayers for County Surveyor, Burto Z. Palmer for County Assessor, Fred W. Klaber for Public Administrator, Charles D. Capelle for Sheriff, Thomas W. Alton for Prosecuting Attorney, Dr. Harry Czarlinsky for Coroner, C. A. Winfrey for County Treasurer, John W. Davis for President, Arthur W. Nelson for Governor, George H. Combs, Jr. for Congress, B.
Clipping from the Kansas City Journal on April 4, 1924 showing the cancelled check for $5,000 from Kelly-Dennis Company to T. J. Pendergast. Also pictured are Mrs. Harvey W. Harris (left) who presented the check to W. B. Brown (right).
Clipping from the Kansas City Journal on November 8, 1924 showing the Board of Governors for the Liberty Memorial Association. The caption states that, "A copper plate has been made from the above photographs of members of the board of governors of the Liberty Memorial association, and will be placed in the cornerstone of the memorial shaft at the cornerstone laying ceremonies tomorrow. The copper plate was made and donated by the Holland Engraving company. The photos are by Strauss-Peyton.
Clipping from the Kansas City Post on February 26, 1925 showing three Kansas City policemen involved in a heist. The caption states, "Confessions they stole eleven cases of whisky from a $200,000 cache they found in a garage at 7112 East Fifteenth street, were made today by these three policemen. Their signed statements involve Joseph R. Gant, accused wrecker of the Centropolis bank. They are (1) Ira H. Miller, police chauffeur; (2) Lawrence Bowers, patrolman; (3) William F. Langford, patrolman."
Clipping from The Missouri Alumnus, Vol. XIV, No. 4, featuring a biography of James Madison Kemper, Sr. on the occasion of his promotion to president of the Commerce Trust Company, Kansas City, Missouri.
Promotional booklet for building family homes in 1920s luxury Kansas City suburban tract development now in the Santa Fe Hills neighborhood southeast of 85th St. and Wornall. It was to include rare amenities such as an open air theater, bell tower, pool, club house, and Dutch windmill. Built on property owned by Daniel Boone's son Nathan, and featuring the Boone school and home. Businessman developer Emory Sweeney founded an automobile school and WHB radio. Landscape architects Hare & Hare were to handle the project, and George Hamilton Stone was assigned as General Manager.
Portrait of Dr. Ernest W. Cavaness, City Hospital, 1926). At the time, Cavaness was the city health director for Kansas City, Missouri. Source: Kansas City Museum (George Fuller Green Collection).