Photograph of "Hell’s Half Acre", an area in the late 1800's and early 1900's consisting of the north side of the West Bottoms between the bluffs and the state line. This vantage point faces northwest from the bluffs near 7th Street and shows 8th Street between Mill Street (now Madison Avenue) and Sante Fe Street. Also pictured is the Union Elevator Company (center), Missouri River (right), and Kansas City, Kansas (right, far background).
Circa 1930 photograph with frontal and side view of City Ice Company of Kansas City, Plant No. 2; located at southwest corner of 8th Street and Hickory Street and built in 1898. This vantage point faces northwest from the east side of Hickory Street just north of 9th Street.
Photograph looking west at a streetcar stopped at the intersection of Hickory Street and the 12th Street Viaduct.
Photograph looking northwest on Brook Street (presently Allen Avenue) between Fairmount Avenue and 23rd Street Trafficway (presently Avenida Cesar E Chavez). The Cudahy Packing Company is pictured in the background.
Photograph looking southwest from the 23rd Street Viaduct from the current intersection of Avenida Cesar E Chavez and American Royal Drive. The Kansas City Belt Railroad Bridge is pictured in the background.
Circa 1928 photograph with frontal and side view of the Bemis Brothers Bag Company; located at 925 and 937 Wyoming Street.
Circa 1928 drawing with frontal and side view of the Ridenour-Baker Grocery Company, located at the southeast corner of St Louis Avenue and Mulberry Street.
Photograph of the Sumner School, once located on west side of Wyoming Street between 9th Street and St. Louis Avenue. It was named for Charles Sumner, American statesman and advocate of rights of African Americans. This vantage point faces west from the east side of Wyoming Street just north of St. Louis Avenue.
Photograph with side and front view of the Livestock Exchange Building, located just west of the intersection of 16th Street and Genessee Street. "Construction began in 1909 and the building was finished in 1911--a nine story, brick faced structure of reinforced concrete, fronting 250 feet on Genessee street at 16th, with three wings extending 126 feet to the west. It was the largest livestock exchange building in the world and one of the largest office structures in Kansas at that time" ("75 Years of Kansas City Livestock Market History," p.