Search

Displaying 21 - 40 of 102

This picture of Chandler's Flower Shop was taken looking southwest at the intersection of 47th Street and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

Date: 
1920

This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard). Chandler's Nursery in the foreground with Sinclair Filling Station across the street to the North; the White Rose Filling Station to the west; Brush Creek to the south; the Standard Oil Filling Station at the corner of Wornall Road and Mill Creek Parkway.

Date: 
1922

Exterior view of the White Eagle Oil and Refining Company Filling Station at 46th Terrace and Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway). A black automobile and one driver are outside the filling station. This picture was taken looking northwest on Mill Creek Parkway just south of 46th Terrace.

Date: 
1922

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Garage was taken looking southwest on 46th Terrace between Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and Wyandotte Street. Country Club Plaza Garage with Mr. E. D. Barker in charge, housing space was provided for 144 cars. The garage was designed by Edward B. Delk.

Date: 
April 1st 1923

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking west-southwest on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) just north of 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store.

Date: 
1923

This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking north-northwest at the intersection of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store. Gas station also pictured.

Date: 
1923

The first unit of Country Club Plaza Triangle Building under construction. This picture was taken looking north-northwest at the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Date: 
1923

Interior of the Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store located in the Country Club Plaza Triangle Building at 210 W. 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
November 15th 1923

This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.

Date: 
1923

This picture was taken looking south on Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) toward the intersection of Mill Creek and 47th Street.

Date: 
1923

Interior of Wolferman's Grocery Store at 47th Street and Wyandotte Street in the Country Club Plaza, female shoppers are shown browsing a sweets display.

Date: 
1924

This picture of the Tower Building and Wolferman Building was taken looking north-east at the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Date: 
1924

Wide view of the apartment buildings along Mill Creek Parkway. This photograph was taken looking northwest from atop the Ponce de Leon at 4555 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri.

Date: 
1924

This photograph of the Triangle Building was taken looking north on 47th Street between Wyandotte and Central Streets. The second unit had just been completed with the Wymore Hardware Company as the first tenant in the west end of the building.

Date: 
May 1924

The Avon Shop opened October 1, 1924 at 108 W. 47th Street on the first floor of the Tower Building. This vantage point faces north on 47th Street just west of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway).

Date: 
1924

An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1925, looking north-northwest near Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street.

Date: 
1925

This picture was taken looking northeast just east of the intersection of Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) and Central Street. Christmas decorations are shown on the streets of the Country Club Plaza.

Date: 
December 1925

A trash collection truck provided by the Country Club District Homes Associations, parked outside of George H. Welsh Motors at 420 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north on Ward Parkway between Broadway Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue.

Date: 
1926

This picture of the Country Club Plaza Balcony Building was taken looking west at the intersection of 47th Street and Wornall Road.

Date: 
1927

Construction of the Country Club Plaza Theater began on March 2, 1928. The site bounded by 47th Street and the Alameda Road (now Nichols Road), Wyandotte Street, and a new street to be put through on the west (Central Street). This vantage point faces northeast towards the intersection of 47th Street and Wyandotte Street.

Date: 
March 2nd 1928

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.