Letter from W. T. Foley to Governor Lloyd Stark describing an encounter with the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department in which he was arrested at the city limit for speeding and had money taken by the officers.
Jam session at St. Mary's Church at the northwest corner of Ann Avenue and North 5th Street, Kansas City, Kansas, no date. Source: John Randazzo.
Postcard showing the Intercity Viaduct (foreground), James Street (background), the Kansas River (left), and Kansas City, Kansas (right). This vantage point faces southwest from a railroad bridge northeast of the Intercity Viaduct. The back of the postcard includes a short letter to Mrs. Lee Moore of Lock Springs, Missouri.
Clipping entitled "Candle Light in Booths" from the Kansas City Journal-Post on November 3, 1936 showing Kansas Citians voting at various polling locations on General Election Day. The caption states, "Some of the election booths in Kansas City, Kas., were so dark, surrounded as they were with canvas, that candles were installed to enable voters to see the names of the candidates they were voting for. Mrs. Marie Griggs, 512 Minnesota avenue, here is shown casting her ballot by candle light in a booth at the city hall. -Journal-Post Photo."
Clipping entitled "Candidate Votes" from the Kansas City Journal-Post on November 3, 1936 showing Kansas Citians voting at various polling locations on General Election Day. The caption states, "Pal E. Bush, candidate for reelection as clerk of the district court of Wyandotte county, Kas, a Democrat, cast his vote in the basement of the city hall, Kansas City, Kas. He is shown here depositing: his ballot. —Journal-Post Photo."
Photograph of the congregation of Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church standing on the steps in front of the church building, circa 1920. The church was founded in 1917 by the Russian immigrants living in the Strawberry Hill neighborhood of Kansas City, Kansas.
Photograph of the Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church choir dressed in costumes for a performance. The church was founded in 1917 by the Russian immigrants living in the Strawberry Hill neighborhood of Kansas City, Kansas.