Circa 1920 photograph with aerial view of New Richards Field which soon became known as Municipal Airport. Hannibal Bridge is pictured in the background.
Photograph of men standing around a Nicolas-Beazley NB-3P monoplane at Municipal Airport. The airplane, reg. #9314, was produced by the Nicholas-Beazley Airplane Company of Marshall, Missouri.
Photograph of one Fokker F.32 airplane (left) and three Ford Tri-Motor airplanes (right) displayed for a large crowd of several thousand at Municipal Airport, April 4, 1930. This F.32, NC334N, was one of two owned by Western Air Express, and shows "Fox Flying House Party, Western Air Express, New York to Hollywood" on the fuselage. Mary McElroy among others left on this 32-passenger airplane the next day. The Ford Tri-Motor airplanes were owned by Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT) - Maddux Air Lines, which merged with Transcontinental and Western Air (TWA) that year.
Photograph of three Douglas DC-2 airplanes parked outside of the Transcontinental & Western Air, Inc. airplane hangar at the Municipal Airport. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Hannibal Bridge and downtown Kansas City in the background.
Photograph with view of the terminal building at Municipal Airport, looking toward the southeast with the Kansas City skyline in the background. There are TWA airplanes on the ground and the Transcontinental & Western Air, Inc. (TWA) airport hanger building is in view.
Municipal Airport at night with a crowd gathered outside the main terminal building and a Ford Tri-Motor airplane on the runway. The aircraft was operated by Transcontinental Air Transport (TAT) - Maddux Air Lines, which merged with Transcontinental and Western Air (TWA) in 1930. Municipal Airport (known currently as Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport) is located on the opposite side of the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers.
Postcard looking west towards the Kansas City Municipal Airport passenger station at night.
Photograph of Transcontinental & Western Air employees loading air mail into a Ford 5-AT-B Tri-Motor airplane, NC9606, at Municipal Airport.
Photograph of the NC8088 Inland W-500 Super Sport, modified from a S-300 Sport model. It is shown parked at Municipal Airport. Inland Aviation Company was an aircraft manufacturer based in Fairfax, Kansas City, Kansas from the late 1920s until 1932.
Photograph of the 267N Inland R-400 Sportster, R-401 parked at Municipal Airport. Inland Aviation Company was an aircraft manufacturer based in Fairfax, Kansas City, Kansas from the late 1920s until 1932.
Postcard of the passenger station at the Municipal Airport.
Photograph of a Douglas C-54 R5D-1 Skymaster airplane operated by the U.S. Navy. The plane is shown landing at the Municipal Airport in Kansas City, Missouri.
Photograph of the DC-1-109 airplane, R223Y, owned by Transcontinental & Western Air parked by the hanger at the Municipal Airport. This airplane was the prototype for the Douglas DC-2. The fuselage shows "Transcontinental Record, Los Angeles - New York, 11 HR. 5 MIN. Apr. 30, 1935."
Photograph of a Boeing 307B Stratoliner airplane under construction in the Transcontinental & Western Air hangar at Municipal Airport.
Photograph of a Transcontinental and Western Air employee using a tractor to pull a Douglas DC-2-112 Skyliner, NC13790, airplane back into its hangar at Municipal Airport.
Photograph of two Douglas DC-3 and two Douglas DC-3B airplanes parked outside of the Transcontinental & Western Air hangar at Municipal Airport.