Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 31

Photograph looking east on the north side of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) between Charlotte Street and Campbell Street. The Globe Laundry is pictured in the background.

Date: 
1925

Photograph looking east on the north side of 15th Street (presently Truman Road) from Charlotte Street. The Globe Laundry is pictured in the background.

Date: 
1925

Photograph looking west along the south side of 12th Street between Campbell Street and Harrison Street. C. E. Houston Furniture Company is pictured.

Date: 
1925

Photograph of the original thirteen members of Boy Scout Troop 70, Holy Rosary's first boy scout troop, sponsored by the adult businessmen known as the Youth Council. This vantage point faces east-northeast towards the entrance to the Holy Rosary Health Center and School.

Date: 
November 18th 1934

An autochrome photograph of Lucian Rosenwald's tulip garden. This vantage point faces west-northwest with the house at 4309 Campbell Street in the left background. Rosenwald was an office manager for a real estate company.

Date: 
May 2nd 1936

Photograph of the Holy Rosary Youths' Council and Boy Scout Troop 70. This vantage point faces east-northeast towards the entrance to the Holy Rosary Health Center and School.

Date: 
May 14th 1939

Photograph of a nativity at the Holy Rosary Catholic Church.

Date: 
December 29th 1940

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church (left) and Holy Rosary School (right).

Date: 
1940

Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.

Date: 
1940

Photograph of Columbus Park looking northeast from atop the Karnes Public School at the southwest corner of Charlotte Street and Pacific Street. Pictured are the St. John Bosco Center (center background) and Holy Rosary Church (right background) with the parochial school to the right.

Date: 
1940

Letter from the priests of the Holy Rosary Church to Edwin V. O'Hara, Bishop of Kansas City. The priests express concern that affixing boundary lines to Kansas City parishes would be a detriment to the future of the Holy Rosary Church in Columbus Park. They explain that many Italian families living outside of the neighborhood far prefer Holy Rosary as this parish provides spiritual welfare for those most comfortable speaking Italian.

Date: 
July 2nd 1940

Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students posed around a donation box. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain". Other buildings in Columbus Park can be seen through the windows in the background.

Date: 
April 1940

Photograph of the Holy Rosary Catholic School Parent-Teacher Association meeting in April, 1940. Present are local clergy, parents, and students. Written on the blackboards are lists of students who are "Go Getters", "Chumps", "Ramblers", "Hot Shots", "Stouges", and "Scatter Brain". Other buildings in Columbus Park can be seen through the windows in the background.

Date: 
April 1940

Photograph of the Holy Rosary School Accordian Band, sponsored by Cochran Music Co., Inc..

Date: 
1940

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School (right) and Lincoln High School (left). Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Photograph of the W. W. Yates School, known before 1918 as Lincoln School. Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces north from just west of the intersection of 11th and Campbell.

Photograph of Kindergarten students at Lincoln School, known after 1918 as W. W. Yates School. Once located at the northwest corner of Campbell Street and 11th Street in Kansas City, Missouri.

1940's photograph of the St. John Bosco Center at the southwest corner of Missouri Avenue and Campbell Street.

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary School after the new front addition to the old building. This vantage point faces east on Campbell Street from just south of Missouri Avenue.

1940's photograph of the Holy Rosary parish with the parochial school to the right and St. John Bosco Center to the far right. This vantage point faces east on Missouri Avenue between Campbell Street and Charlotte Street.

Pages

KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY | DIGITAL HISTORY
Civil War on the Western Border: The Missouri-Kansas Conflict,1855-1865.
The Pendergast Years, Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression.
KC History, Missouri Valley Special Collections at the Kansas City Public Library.