An autochrome photograph of Dr. Eugene Carbaugh's house, taken from the southeast in the summer of 1932. Cargaugh was a Kansas City surgeon.
An autochrome photograph of Broadway/Wornall Bridge across Brush Creek and the apartments near the Country Club Plaza, including the Locarno, the Riviera, and the Casa Loma. This vantage point faces east from just west of the bridge.
An autochrome photograph of Inez Moore Goetz standing next to her regal lilies. Her husband, Henry E. Goetz, was assistant secretary-treasurer of the Goetz Brewing Company.
An autochrome photograph of vines on the main building of the Sunset Hill School, taken from the southeast.
An autochrome photograph of The Walnuts west building, taken from the south in October.
Exterior of the Sunset Hill School. The school possessed a stage, large auditorium, lunch room, and two primary class rooms. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School. This vantage point faces west near the southwest corner of 50th Street and Wornall Road.
Interior of the Sunset Hill School showing fourteen students with a female teacher conducting class. The building pictured is now part of the Pembroke Hill School at Wornall Road and 51st Street.
Forty students of the William Cullen Bryant School who pulled dandelions in the Country Club District. Prizes were given for those who pulled the most. This vantage point faces north towards the rear of the school from just north of 57th Street between Wornall Road and Central Street.
This aerial photograph of the Country Club Plaza was taken near Oak Street just south of 47th Street (now Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard). Chandler's Nursery in the foreground with Sinclair Filling Station across the street to the North; the White Rose Filling Station to the west; Brush Creek to the south; the Standard Oil Filling Station at the corner of Wornall Road and Mill Creek Parkway.
This picture was taken looking northwest just south of the intersection of 71st Street (now Gregory Boulevard) and Wornall Road. In November 1925, a shopping center known as Romanelli Shops was completed at the southwest corner of Wornall Road and 71st Street. These shops included R. L. Fish and Sons Grocers, Mason's Pharmacy, O. D. Stewart Barber Shop, Ambassador Cleaners, and a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store.
This picture of the Country Club Plaza Balcony Building was taken looking west at the intersection of 47th Street and Wornall Road.
Maypole dancing and many athletic events planned for the annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces northeast from just east of Pennsylvania Avenue by the track behind the high school.
An aerial view of the Country Club Plaza in 1930, looking north from the top of the Wornall Road hill. The Walnut Apartments complex is in the foreground.
This picture was taken looking east-northeast on the Wornall Road bridge over Brush Creek, before the creek bottom was paved.
Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.
Five women, the "Goddesses" observing annual Country Club District Community Field Day at Southwest High School at the southwest corner of 65th Street and Wornall Road. This vantage point faces east towards rear of the high school from near the center of the football field.
The Wornall Homestead Homes Association Annual Dinner on March 15, 1938.
Photograph of the entrance to Jacob L. Loose Memorial Park, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces south-southwest from the intersection of 51st Street and Wornall Road.
Photograph showing improvements to Brush Creek, Kansas City, Missouri, with the widened Wornall Road Bridge in the background, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces east from the north side of Brush Creek.
Promotional booklet for building family homes in 1920s luxury Kansas City suburban tract development now in the Santa Fe Hills neighborhood southeast of 85th St. and Wornall. It was to include rare amenities such as an open air theater, bell tower, pool, club house, and Dutch windmill. Built on property owned by Daniel Boone's son Nathan, and featuring the Boone school and home. Businessman developer Emory Sweeney founded an automobile school and WHB radio. Landscape architects Hare & Hare were to handle the project, and George Hamilton Stone was assigned as General Manager.